Position Title:Accountant II - Property Manager
Reports To:Director of Accounting
Purpose of Position
Responsible for performing work requiring the application, concepts, practices and terminology of accounting. Responsible for processing various financial documents and data analyzing data, and preparing reports. Responsible for daily accounting entries to the Financial Accounting Management Information System (FAMIS). This position serves as the University property manager and is responsible for maintaining personal and real property records and the requisite databases at system and state levels.
- Establishes, maintains and verifies budgetary, accounting and fiscal related information in FAMIS and the State Property Accounting System (SPA).
- Manages, develops and maintains the databases necessary to maintain real and personal property.
- Serves as the University Property Manager using the FAMIS Fixed Asset Module.
- Conducts an annual physical campus inventory as required by the State Comptroller’s Office.
- Prepares reconciliations between FFX, SPA and the University Annual Financial Report (AFR). Prepares year-end reports related to those reconciliations.
- Provides materials and conducts training for the university departmental managers and their staff regarding FFX.
- Provides information, reports and support to internal and external auditors for FFX.
- Prepares and verifies electronic funds transfers, web payments, web refunds, and web credit card payments for on-line business banking and prepares the daily electronic deposit transmittal to the bank. Also, makes daily bank deposit at local bank.
- Prepares journal entries for cash recipts and other necessary entries into the financial accounting system.
- Performs accounting functions necessary to maintain the general ledger, subsidiary ledgers and associated ledger modules.
- Performs reconciliations for all functional areas when required or as assigned.
- Checks and signs state and local vouchers for payment in accordance with state statutes and university policies.
- Prepares and makes entries to FAMIS, FFX, and SPA as assigned or required.
- Works with Appropriations Control Officer, State Comptroller;s Office, and system staff for completing accounting functions necessary to comply with the system rules, state statutes, university procedures and state laws related to property accounting.
- Provides accounting support for student accounting, maintains accounting records concerning Bursar Office operations as needed.
- Prepares standard and requested reports as required by management to include Federal, State and System reports.
- Provides interpretation of financial transactions in FAMIS to departments pertaining to their specific operations.
Contributes to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues and opportunities.
This job description shall include, but is not necessarily limited to, the above duties. May temporarily perform other duties assigned to maintain operations and services.
Marginal Functions will vary with the specific assignment and depend on the particular unit or function for which the person is responsible. Consideration will be given on a case by case basis and reassignment of marginal duties will be made when appropriate.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
Requires a Bachelors degree in a business related field with two (2 years experience. Good computer skills with demonstrated spreadsheet knowledge are required. Database and integrated financial system knowledge preferred.
Supervision of Personnel
Supervises full time employee and several student and part-time workers.