Position Title:Accounting Assistant III - Facilities
Reports To:Assistant Director Physical Plant
Purpose of Position
Responsible for the maintenance of records concerning incoming and outgoing freight, including the physical off loading, clerical, storage, packing, and preparation of materials for dispersal throughout the University Community.
- Creates needed purchasing documents in FAMIS and Maximus for the entire facilities department. Determines category codes, commodity codes and object codes.
- Researches and sources vendors for maintenance related purchasing.
- Researches and recommends HUB vendors for project management staff.
- Creates L numbers in FAMIS for facilities orders less than $3000. Prepares request for quotations and assists Project Managers in writing specifications. Posts information to state Business Daily.
- Prepares documents for accounts payable on al maintenance invoices.
- Helps prepare bid packets for projects. Insures accuracy of bid information. Faxes and calls vendors for phone bids.
- Tracks orders and coordinates issues with Purchasing Department.
- Assists Business Manager in reviewing contract documents, insurance information and bond packets for projects. Meets with vendors gathering product information on purchases.
Contributes to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues and opportunities.
This job description shall include, but is not necessarily limited to, the above duties. May temporarily perform other duties assigned to maintain operations and services.
Marginal Functions will vary with the specific assignment and depend on the particular unit or function for which the person is responsible. Consideration will be given on a case by case basis and reassignment of marginal duties will be made when appropriate.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
Requires high school diploma or equivalent with five to seven (5-7) years procurement experience Current Texas Drivers license. Knowledge of Texas Purchasing Procedures, intermediate computer skills in MS Excel, MS Word and FAMIS. Five to seven (5-7) years maintenance procurement experience preferred.
Supervision of Personnel
No supervisory responsibility.