Position Title:Admin. Asst. to Vice Presidents Office
Department:Business and Administration, VP for
Reports To:Vice President for Business/Administration
Purpose of Position
Provides administrative support and advanced secretarial duties to the Division of the Vice President for Business & Administration. Functions as the administrative assistant to the Vice President. In addition to secretarial duties, must be able to handle several budgeted accounts in the Financial Accounting Management Information System (FAMIS), coordinate division travel, travel reimbursements, monitor the Higher Education Funding (HEF) expenditures. Provides excellent customer service, and professional telephone etiquette
- Maintains electronically filed division level records, files and reports, supports the Budget Review and Development Council, all divisional travel, prepare travel reimbursements, division budgets, etc.
- Supports training department, all divisional HEF purchases, coordinates office purchases, may serve as office manager.
- May supervise student workers and graduate assistants.
- Maintains current inventory for equipment in VPBA office. Submits report to inventory coordinator.
- Represents the university to high level visitors by ascertaining nature of business and directing visitors professionally and efficiently. Provides exceptional customer service.
- Must be able to uphold confidential nature of working environment. Maintains a professional image while continuing to strengthen the quality of work performs.
- May represent division or university to internal staff, students or faculty, coordinate activities, personnel searches, or handle correspondence, records, files or reports. Must have professional appearance and demeanor. Excellent interpersonal skills ability to work with diverse groups and variety of personalities. Ability to multi-task and work cooperatively with others.
Contributes to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues and opportunities.
This job description shall include, but is not necessarily limited to, the above duties. May temporarily perform other duties assigned to maintain operations and services.
Marginal Functions will vary with the specific assignment and depend on the particular unit or function for which the person is responsible. Consideration will be given on a case by case basis and reassignment of marginal duties will be made when appropriate.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
Requires a minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent, degree preferred and five (5) + years at senior secretarial level, preferably in higher education. Excellent knowledge in business communications, spelling, punctuation, office procedures and excellent proofing skills required. Ability to organize and set priorities, maintains records, interpret and prepare reports and compose memoranda and letters and excellent communications skill essential. Good computer skills and knowledge needed; with ability to demonstrate word processing, spreadsheet and advanced level with MS Office. Ability to remain highly alert and in control due to the high impact/visibility of position.
Supervision of Personnel
Regularly provides leadership and assists in training less experienced staff.