Position Title:Administrative Assistant II Center for Ed Cert/Academic Serv
Reports To:Director of Ed Prep
Purpose of Position
Responsible for lacing all teacher education candidates for early file experience. This is approximately 400 students each semester. Requires communication with school districts, faculty teaching the classes and students. Requires the collection of criminal background forms from the students and sending these to the districts. Follow up with districts and students is require along with the collection of logsheets once observations have been completed. Processes the paperwork for the 150 mentors hired by CECAS to work with our AC interns.
- Makes reservations, encumbers money and completes reimbursement forms for all individuals in off who travel.
- Sends applications to appropriate person. Collects application fees for AC and professional programs, writes receipts and processes deposits.
- Presents process to all classes requiring EFE observation, oversees students in lab as they apply online, collects criminal background forms, desimminates requests to districts, collects placement from districts and disseminates to students.
- Processess all purchasing and contracts.
- Greets and assists students, answers and directs phone call to appropriate person.
- Assists Mavarrp AC Partnership Coordinator with administrative duties to include processing procured, travel another expenditures. Processes scholarship paperwork.
- Updates handbooks (AC, AC Mentor, AC Student Teaching and Aide Exemption.
Contributes to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues and opportunities.
This job description shall include, but is not necessarily limited to, the above duties. May temporarily perform other duties assigned to maintain operations and services.
Marginal Functions will vary with the specific assignment and depend on the particular unit or function for which the person is responsible. Consideration will be given on a case by case basis and reassignment of marginal duties will be made when appropriate.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
Requires high school diploma or equivalent, degree preferred. Requires five (5) years secretarial experience, three to four (3-4) years experience as Administrative Assistant in higher ed preferred. Excellent computer skills to include word processing and spreadsheet knowledge. Excellent telephone skills required. Knowledge of Banner and FAMIS preferred.
Supervision of Personnel