Position Title:Administrative Assistant II Health and Human Performance
Department:Health and Human Performance
Reports To:Department Head
Purpose of Position
Top level contributor, may act as an internal consultant providing guidance on complex projects. Regularly operates under deadlines and may be subject to extreme workloads. Acts in a clerical, secretarial or administrative capacity to manage the activity and the productivity at the department level in an efficient manner.
- Performs and or all of the duties listed in the administrative assistant I position description.
- Serves as receptionist. Answers telephone and provides information. Produces documents. General office duties. Inventory and finances.
- Works closely with departmental management. Will assist the department head with official business. May be responsible for communications either in writing, or in person, at meetings.
- Coordinates activity independently and may make administrative decisions in absence of the department head.
- Maintains department level records, files and reports such as payroll processing for department, department budgets, etc.
- Monitors and tracks faculty and staff positions. Ensures department follows search procedures.
- Schedules appointments and arranges travel schedules and reservations for out-of-town appointments.
- Greets high level visitors, ascertains nature of business and directs visitors to appropriate person efficiently.
- May represent department with outside agencies, contacts, other universities, tec. Or with internal staff, students or faculty and coordinate activities or handle correspondence, records, files or reports.
Contributes to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues and opportunities.
This job description shall include, but is not necessarily limited to, the above duties. May temporarily perform other duties assigned to maintain operations and services.
Marginal Functions will vary with the specific assignment and depend on the particular unit or function for which the person is responsible. Consideration will be given on a case by case basis and reassignment of marginal duties will be made when appropriate.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
Requires high school diploma or equivalent, five (5) + years secretarial experience or three to four (3-4) years experience as an administrative assistant. Associates‚?? or Bachelors degree preferred. Experience in higher education preferred. Excellent knowledge in business communications, spelling, punctuation, office procedures and excellent proofing skills required. Ability to organize and set priorities, maintains records, interpret and prepare reports and compose memoranda and letters and excellent communication skills essential. Good computer skills and knowledge needed with ability to demonstrate word processing, spreadsheet and more specialized experience. Necessary knowledge including budget planning, finance management and understanding of such programs as FAMIS, Canopy and Banner preferred
Supervision of Personnel
May supervise student workers or GA‚??s