Position Title:Administrative Assistant II â?? Institutional Advancement
Department:Advancement, VP for
Reports To:Vice President for Institutional Advancement
Purpose of Position
Position is essential to the success of the Advancement Division. Position primarily provides administrative support to the Institutional Advancement Office , and provides administrative support on an as-needed basis to Alumni Relations and AdvancementServiceRegularly operates under deadlines and must be able to make adjustments to workload/schedule at a moments notice. May act in a clerical, secretarial or administrative capacity to manage the activity and the productivity of the department in an efficient manner
- Receives incoming telephone calls, greets visitors, and manages the calendar for multiple people within the department.
- Greets high level visitors, ascertains nature of business, and directs visitors to appropriate person efficiently.
- May schedule appointments for and assist in coordinating events with the Development Officers
- Ensures financial processes are accomplished in a timely manner. Examples include: ProCard Processing, Travel Vouchers, Expense Reimbursements, Invoicing, Requisitions, Budget Transfers, Memberships/Subscriptions and Contract Review/Approval.
- Processes EPA transactions for student workers and department employees
- Makes travel arrangements in adherence with university guidelines for department personnel which includes airline, car rental, hotel reservations and conference / training registrations.
- Assists with the Alumni database data management
- Provides administrative and financial process support to all areas of the division on an as-needed basis.
- Participates in planning, setup, cleanup, and day of event logistics for division sponsored events on an as needed basis.
- May represent department with outside agencies, contacts, other universities, etc. and coordinate activities or handle correspondences, records, files or reports.
- May represent department to internal staff, students or faculty and coordinate activities or handle correspondence, records, files or reports.
Contributes to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues and opportunities.
This job description shall include, but is not necessarily limited to, the above duties. May temporarily perform other duties assigned to maintain operations and services.
Marginal Functions will vary with the specific assignment and depend on the particular unit or function for which the person is responsible. Consideration will be given on a case by case basis and reassignment of marginal duties will be made when appropriate.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
Requires a minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent, degree preferred and five (5) + years secretarial experience or three to four (3-4) years experience as an administrative assistant, preferably in higher education. Excellent knowledge in business communications, spelling, punctuation, office procedures and excellent proofing skills. Ability to organize and set priorities, maintain records, interpret and prepare reports and compose memoranda and letters and excellent communications skill essential. Good computer skills and knowledge needed; with ability to demonstrate word processing, spreadsheet and more specialized experience.
Supervision of Personnel
Provides guidance to students and assists in training