Position Title:Administrative Assistant II/Traffic -KETR
Reports To:General Manager
Purpose of Position
Responsible for performing secretarial support relieving supervisor(s) of clerical work, and administrative/business detail as well as maintains official records and executes administrative policies determined by or in conjunction with other administrators and generally works under deadlines. Anticipates needs and helps to maintain the general function of the radio station and the General Manager.
- Serves as receptionist for 88.9 KETR and Marketing Communications by greeting visitors, ascertaining nature of business and directs visitor(s) to the appropriate person.
- Answers the telephone and gives information to callers or routes call to appropriate area and places outgoing calls. Maintains schedule of appointments for supervisor. Arranges travel schedules and reservations for supervisor/staff and prepares travel applications and vouchers.
- Traffic and Automation Scheduling and Reporting
(Specific to KETR 88.9 FM)
- Schedules corporate support underwriting spots
- Performs all billing and collections functions for sponsorship sales
- Provides and seeks notarization for affidavits of performance when requested
- Schedules special events: Sports (basketball, football, etc.,) remote broadcasts, etc.
- Schedules promotional and public service announcements for University or Community
- Maintains on-air inventory availability, projects revenue, and provides revenue-related reports
- Provides customer service related to programming, corporate support, individual membership, and general inquiries.
- Uses computer for word processing, budget preparation and management, and other needed functions in order to compile and produce reports, compose and prepare correspondence, and produce other requested documents. Makes copies of correspondence or other printed material. Types needed requisitions in order to purchase equipment and supplies for departmental use.
- Maintains departmental files, authorizes use of same and keeps interested groups informed as to availability of materials. Acts as custodian of corporate documents and records, as well as the FCC-mandated public file. Maintains documents and records for department budget preparation/expenditures, student records and/or related information.
- Maintains departmental inventory of material, equipment, merchandise, premiums, or supplies in stock and orders according to department need for business. Contacts appropriate individual for equipment repairs; and performs simple preventative maintenance on office equipment.
- Coordinates collection and preparation of operating reports such as time and attendance records, terminations, new hires, budget expenditures, statistical records of performance data and student information.
- Supervises work-study, clerical staff, part-timers and student interns and helps with scheduling when other staff are busy or absent.
- Opens, reads, and distributes mail; assembles related material for use by supervisor in answering mail; may answer routine inquiries requiring interpretations of departmental regulations. Prepares outgoing mail, including newsletters and related material. May also assist with preparation and distribution of acquisition mail and email as a developmental function.
- May assist with the preparation and filing of University documents, and/or grants, with government agencies to conform with statutes.
- Analyzes departmental operating practices such as recordkeeping systems, forms control, and office layout, to create new systems or revise established procedures. Anticipates the needs of the General Manager, radio station, and department, and works to minimalize any down time related to functions within the station’s control.
- Evaluates work methods and makes suggestions to improve procedures and job efficiency. May represent department to internal staff, students or faculty.
- Must learn to operate radio station control room console in the event of an emergency or other personnel unavailability
Contributes to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues and opportunities.
This job description shall include, but is not necessarily limited to, the above duties. May temporarily perform other duties assigned to maintain operations and services.
Marginal Functions will vary with the specific assignment and depend on the particular unit or function for which the person is responsible. Consideration will be given on a case by case basis and reassignment of marginal duties will be made when appropriate.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
Requires high school diploma or equivalent, one to two (1-2) years secretarial experience, courses in business practices, typing, etc., and working knowledge of business communications, spelling, punctuation, and office procedures. Ability to maintain records, prepare reports, compose letters and memoranda, ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions, assign and supervise other office workers, and make minor decisions in accordance with departmental and university regulations. Good interpersonal skills a must. Bilingual a plus.
Supervision of Personnel
May supervise student workers and graduate assistants.