Position Title:Administrative Assistant to Dean
Department:Enrollment and Retention
Reports To:Dean of Enrollment Management
Purpose of Position
Position is essential to the successes of increased enrollment. Position provides administrative support to the Dean of Enrollment & Retention. Position manages all office duties and must be able to make adjustments to workload/schedule at a momentā??s notice.
- Serves as Office Manager, which includes coordinating workload, overseeing equipment, office supplies, supervising student workers, maintaining inventory of office and division, perform clerical duties, letter composition, spreadsheets and managing a filing system, and provide administrative support for the Dean of Enrollment & Retention office and division
- Receives all incoming telephone calls, greet visitors, and manage Dean of Enrollment & Retention calendar.
- Processes online purchasing documents, adhering to rules and regulations of the State of Texas for the Enrollment & Retention Division, which includes processing online travel documents for reimbursement of Dean of Enrollment & Retention business travel..
- Makes travel arrangements for the Dean, which includes airline, rental car, and hotel reservations and process conference registration fees in adherence with university travel guidelines.
- Maintains and reconciles all ENRO departmental accounts throughout the fiscal year. Completes on-line budget adjustments for division accounts. Prepares quarterly reports for ENRO departmental accounts so Dean can track expenditures to determine and disburse additional funding to respective department before fiscal year end. Works closely with Dean on fiscal year budget process.
- Prepares spreadsheets for mail accounts funding for respective departments of Enrollment & Retention and tracks expenditures.
- Staffs committees and ENRO staff meetings. Transcribes minutes and distributes to committee members.
- Routes information for Dean on distribution lists for meeting, etc. Coordinates information with respective departments in the Enrollment & Retention Division.
- Prepares and routes paperwork for hiring, terminations, and reclassifications of personnel
- Schedules ENRO meetings and plans division functions (dinners/receptions/etc.).
- Assists with arrangements for on campus conferences or training events set by the Dean of Enrollment & Retention.
- Maintains current policies and procedures manual.
- Coordinates student problems with ENRO departmental directors and assists with solution and student satisfaction.
- Coordinates official signing events with all parties, including partner institutions.
Contributes to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues and opportunities.
This job description shall include, but is not necessarily limited to, the above duties. May temporarily perform other duties assigned to maintain operations and services.
Marginal Functions will vary with the specific assignment and depend on the particular unit or function for which the person is responsible. Consideration will be given on a case by case basis and reassignment of marginal duties will be made when appropriate.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
Requires a minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent, degree preferred and five (5) + years secretarial experience or five (5) year experience as an administrative assistant, preferably in higher education. Complete and thorough knowledge of Microsoft Word & Excel. Must be able to manage Deanā??s busy calendar and telephones in a professional and efficient manner; familiar with FAMIS Purchasing System.
Supervision of Personnel
Regularly provides leadership and assists in training less experiences staff.