Position Title:Administrative Assistant to the Associate Vice President
Reports To:Associate VP Marketing Communications
Purpose of Position
Responsible for the effective and efficient operation of Marketing Communications budget process. Coordinates and facilitates the department‚??s job report and status documentation as well as media/marketing analysis. Responsible for providing analytical and operational support. Manages all departmental internal accounting. This position regularly operates under deadlines and may be subject to extreme workloads. Coordinates and facilitates the University‚??s missions in the area of collegiate licensing.
- Supervises budget development for department and directs day-to-day budget operations. Works with departmental staff on budget issues.
- Assists director in gathering research data, analyzing data and developing cost effective marketing strategies for the university.
- Creates and maintains project process function by working closely with department director and managers to updating the project process flow and submitting weekly and monthly reports on project status.
- Develop and maintain an accurate media matrix showing all print ads placed during year to include publication, number of insertions, ads placed and cost. Provides a monthly update to the media schedule.
- Serves as liaison for department with outside agencies, contacts, other universities, the media, etc. and coordinates activities as necessary.
- Coordinates expenditures with purchasing, receiving, and accounts payable.
- Helps establish and updates the university’s graphic standards policies/manual.
- Assists in the implementation and coordination of crisis communications. In the event of a crisis drill or incident will become the assistant on-site director within the marketing department n coordinating rapid response and dissemination of information regarding the crisis. In times of inclement weather contact regional radio stations as to school closings.
- Manages office activity independently and makes decisions in the absence of the director.
- Develops and maintains the customer services function of the department including (but not limited to) phone and email response for the department, training of staff and faculty on customer service requirements.
- Supervises student and GA workers including hiring and dismissal, payroll and job assignment other than duties assigned by manager.
- Develops and maintains the purchase and inventory of equipment and supplies.
- Administers requests for advance travel funds, travel applications, and vouchers for reimbursement.
- Selects and orders promotional items to be used for marketing communications.
- Instructs internal and external clients how to become licenses vendors, either by phone or in person.
- Utilizes computer software to convert and manipulate files from one word processing format to another for internal and/or external use.
Contributes to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues and opportunities.
This job description shall include, but is not necessarily limited to, the above duties. May temporarily perform other duties assigned to maintain operations and services.
Marginal Functions will vary with the specific assignment and depend on the particular unit or function for which the person is responsible. Consideration will be given on a case by case basis and reassignment of marginal duties will be made when appropriate.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
Requires high school diploma or equivalent, Bachelor‚??s degree preferred. Five (5) years related experience in higher education required, eight to ten (8-10) years preferred. Excellent knowledge in business communications (oral and written), spelling, punctuation, office procedures and excellent proofing skills are necessary. Excellent computer and human relations skills needed. Ability to organize and set priorities, maintain records, interpret and prepare reports and compose memoranda and letters essential. Outstanding computer skills in word processing and spreadsheet applications is required. A thorough knowledge of the FAMIS system is essential.
Supervision of Personnel
Student workers and GA‚??s