Position Title:Administrative Assistant to the President (Administration/External Relations)
Reports To:President and Chief Executive Officer
Purpose of Position
Responsible for representing the President whenever appropriate, undertakes various special projects and assignments as directed, serves as liaison to the University community, and oversees activities associated with the operation of the Office of the President.
- Oversees all activities associated with the operation of the Office of the President and exercise functional authority to ensure level of efficiency, effectiveness, confidentiality and quality control.
- Assists the President in University budget development, planning and goal achievement.
- Serves as liaison for governmental relations, Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board and other external agencies/constituents.
- Serves a University Compliance Officer, including distributing System Policies/Regulations and University Rules/Procedures electronically, maintaining website and manuals and coordinating rule and procedure development.
- Serves as primary liaison between President’s Office and vice presidents’ offices.
- Serves as writer for President’s Office: internal and external correspondence, reports, and contracts, as required.
- Serves on various ad hoc committees, task forces, and projects, both internally and externally, as needs arise.
- Interprets rules, regulations, policies and procedures, answers questions relating to general University programs and responds to miscellaneous requests for information.
- Reviews President’s mail and handles/routes appropriately.
- Performs special assignments as directed by the President and CEO.
Contributes to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues and opportunities.
This job description shall include, but is not necessarily limited to, the above duties. May temporarily perform other duties assigned to maintain operations and services.
Marginal Functions will vary with the specific assignment and depend on the particular unit or function for which the person is responsible. Consideration will be given on a case by case basis and reassignment of marginal duties will be made when appropriate.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
Requires a bachelorÔ??s degree and a minimum of five (5) years related experience. Good office skills, computer knowledge and experience essential. Ability to organize/prioritize work and handle multiple tasks; excellent communication skills, both oral and written necessary. Must have personal qualities of integrity, trust, dignity, reliability and be able to maintain confidentiality, demonstrate concern for people and promote a positive work environment.
Supervision of Personnel
Supervises personnel office support staff.