Position Title:Administrative Assistant to the President's Office
Purpose of Position
To provide administrative support to the President, the Chief of Staff and the Director of Community Engagement and assist in the general and advanced operations of the President‚??s Office.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Serve as front-line receptionist for the President’s Office, greeting visitors, listening to student concerns, etc.
- Provide support in maintaining daily calendars for the President, Chief of Staff and Director of Community Engagement.
- Provide needed support to the Administrative Assistant to the President.
- Coordinate and schedule travel for the President.
- Coordinate other staff travel and process travel reimbursements in the Concur Travel System. Coordinate travel and reimbursements for faculty/staff traveling on behalf of the President.
- Maintain approximately twenty budgeted expenditure accounts in the Financial Accounting Management Information System (FAMIS.)
- Responsible for opening and distribution of mail; ordering and maintaining all office supplies, and ordering and maintaining all campus U.S., Texas and A&M-Commerce flags.
- Maintain equipment inventory for the President’s Office and submit annual reports.
- Maintain RSVP line for social events hosted by the President.
- Provide administrative support for searches conducted by the President’s Office.
- Prepare President’s Honor Roll (Fall & Spring) – certificates and letters to approximately 750 students each semester.
- Manage University Councils & Committees (develop list, obtain necessary approvals and post on university webpage.)
- Supervise student workers.
- Manage office credit card (purchases and statement reconciliation.)
- Provide administrative support to the Athletic Council.
- Responsible for event planning for the President’s Holiday Reception.
- Supervises two student assistants
Contributes to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues and opportunities.
This job description shall include, but is not necessarily limited to, the above duties. May temporarily perform other duties assigned to maintain operations and services.
Marginal Functions will vary with the specific assignment and depend on the particular unit or function for which the person is responsible. Consideration will be given on a case by case basis and reassignment of marginal duties will be made when appropriate.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
Requires a minimum of high school diploma or equivalent Bachelor‚??s degree preferred. At least two (2) years in progressively responsible administrative support positions. Accuracy in typing, proofreading skills and firm command of grammar and English usage are essential. General working knowledge of University structure, policies and procedures are important. Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Supervision of Personnel