Position Title:Administrative/Financial Assistant to the Dean
Department:CBT (College of Business and Technology)
Reports To:Dean of Business & Technology
Purpose of Position
Responsible for overseeing several strategic areas within the College of Business and Technology such as but not limited to UIL, Certified Financial Planning, Extended Studies Correspondence and Gymnastics. Serves as an internal consultant providing guidance on complex projects. Regularly operates under deadlines and may be subject to extreme workloads. Responsible for managing the activity and the productivity of the college or division level in an efficient manner.
- Trains and mentors all new CBT secretarial staff in the University’s Financial Accounting Management Information System (FAMIS) and is consultant to the existing faculty and staff.
- Attends all Budget User Group (BUG) meetings and brings updates to the other staff members of the college.
- Coordinates college or division activity independently and makes decisions in absence of dean.
- Coordinates college or division activity independently and may make administrative decisions in absence of dean.
- Coordinates travel arrangements and reimbursements for the Dean and Associate Dean.
- Hires, directly supervises and evaluate performance of graduate assistants and student workers.
- Serves as an advisor appointed by the Dean to the Student Advisory Council for the College of Business & Technology. Coordinates with the Student Advisory Council each Spring semester the Honors and Awards Banquet.
- Oversees the accounting, reconciliation and budget management of several strategic areas within the College of Business & Technology such as but not limited to Certified Financial Planning, Extended Studies Correspondence and Gymnastics.
- Checks all Adjunct Hiring forms and personnel Action forms of the departments in the college and records these actions n the budget and prepares Budget Transfer requests as required for these transactions.
- Monitors and maintains the operation accounts and expenditures within the College of Business & Technology budgets.
- Assists the Associate Dean in making sure the hiring process of all new faculty and staff in the college meet HR requirements.
Contributes to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues and opportunities.
This job description shall include, but is not necessarily limited to, the above duties. May temporarily perform other duties assigned to maintain operations and services.
Marginal Functions will vary with the specific assignment and depend on the particular unit or function for which the person is responsible. Consideration will be given on a case by case basis and reassignment of marginal duties will be made when appropriate.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
Requires a minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent, degree preferred and five (5) + years progressive experience within an executive level office. Working with knowledge of accounting principles and budget management preferably in a higher education setting. Excellent knowledge in business communications. Ability to organize and set priorities, maintain records, interpret and prepare reports and spreadsheets. Excellent oral and verbal communications required. Excellent computer skills required.
Supervision of Personnel
Regularly provides leadership and assists in training less experiences staff.