Position Title:Admn Asst to Dean of Campus Live/Director of Diversity
Department:Students, Dean of
Purpose of Position
Provides administrative support to the Dean of Campus Life and Student Development and is responsible for the successful and efficient operation of the Dean of Campus Life & Student Development office. Acts in an administrative capacity to manage internal office activity and productivity, as well as assist the Dean on projects and deadlines for the Campus Life & Student Development unit. Regularly operates under deadlines and may be subject to extreme workloads. Regularly works with confidential information. Manages operating accounts and provides professional staff support to one or more departments in non-routine situations. Maintains Students List Serve, by sending and receiving all messages. Verify's all Judicial Records & Reports. Works with Student Services Fee Committee, preparing for Student Services Fee Budget Recommendations. Work with internal and external constituents, representing the office to the public.
- Administrative support to the Dean of Campus Life.
- Administrative support to the Director Diversity/Cultural/Judicial Affairs.
- Managing calendar, Dean Campus Life & Director Diversity/Cultural/Judicial Affairs, arrange meetings, oversees equipment, maintains inventory, travel, files, reports, telephones.
- Prepares budgets for several accounts, tracks expenditures, prepares budget reports. Budget keeper for Student Government Assoc., works in FAMIS & Canopy.
- Purchasing for the above offices and Student Government Accounts, through FAMIS & Canopy.
- Maintains all Office Records of above Departments and handles all confidential information & records.
- Receives and sends all Student List serve information.
- Understands and adheres to System and University policies and procedures to effectively and effectively and efficiently manages operations.
Contributes to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues and opportunities.
This job description shall include, but is not necessarily limited to, the above duties. May temporarily perform other duties assigned to maintain operations and services.
Marginal Functions will vary with the specific assignment and depend on the particular unit or function for which the person is responsible. Consideration will be given on a case by case basis and reassignment of marginal duties will be made when appropriate.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
Requires high school diploma or equivalent. Requires five (5) years in an administrative support position, preferably in higher education. Professional office skills, multi-task and organization, communication skills oral/written, knowledge of FAMIS helpful.
Supervision of Personnel
Graduate Assistants and student workers.