Position Title:Alumni Communications & Events Coordinator
Reports To:Director Alumni Services
Purpose of Position
Responsible for the development and implementation of engagement strategies, programs and events in an effort to increase alumni involvement and philanthropy at A&M-Commerce. A significant emphasis will be placed on digital communication including social media, e-newsletters and other multimedia.
- Coordinates and executes alumni events both on and off campus to meet budget and schedule requirements. Manage vendor relationships, recruit and coordinate event volunteers, and oversee set up and tear down of all events. Ensure follow-up activities are completed. (e.g., database updates, acknowledgements, billing, status)
- Works with Alumni Relations and Marketing Communications to develop and execute an aggressive alumni event calendar.
- Establishes and oversees an alumni volunteer base.
- Works with PR director to promote events through press releases, direct mail pieces and other online media.
- Assists the PR director with the writing, editing and production of alumni communication pieces including campus magazines, e-newsletters, video scripts, direct mail pieces, and university blogs.
- Actively engage alumni and friends of the university through the alumni association website, facebook site, and other appropriate social media including but not limited to Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Serves as an active team member within Alumni Relations to create and implement targeted alumni strategies to engage current students, young alumni and alumni 40+.
- Serves as an active team member within marketing communications, participating in creative brainstorm sessions, strategy creation and implementation and development of metrics-based alumni engagement campaigns.
- Actively seeks out and develops best practices through online research, peer relationships and professional organizations.
- Utilizes effective networking skills to identify alumni stories for publications, and candidates for awards and recognition.
Contributes to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues and opportunities.
This job description shall include, but is not necessarily limited to, the above duties. May temporarily perform other duties assigned to maintain operations and services.
Marginal Functions will vary with the specific assignment and depend on the particular unit or function for which the person is responsible. Consideration will be given on a case by case basis and reassignment of marginal duties will be made when appropriate.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
Requires BachelorÔ??s degree in journalism, public relations or related. Two (2) years related experience, preferable in communications, event planning or writing and editing publications. Experience in Microsoft Office in a Mac/PC environment; strong organizational skills. Excellent interpersonal skills and written and oral communications skills. Knowledge of promotional, feature and news writing styles.
Supervision of Personnel