Position Title:Applications Programmer/Analyst Interactive Web Development
Reports To:Director of Information Technology
Purpose of Position
Functions as a software applications developer on a complex project and provides consulting, technical support, and training to users of custom application software and to technical staff.
Performs the following specialized duties:
- Consults with users to define application requirements, identifies programming and output needs, and verifies preliminary design and output.
- Recommends technical and procedural design for new or revised applications including flow charts, system specifications, programming guidelines and code review.
- Reviews, modifies and/or writes program code and/or job control language as needed, writes documentation of system procedures and guidelines for application users, as well as programs and program modifications.
- Answers questions and provides technical assistance an/or training to applications users, resolves problems by reviewing and analyzing software documentation and production outputs to identify causes, solutions, and/or make appropriate referrals.
- May serve as lead developer on a small application or assist the lead on larger applications.
- Distributes and/or installs custom application software and provides training to the customer or to other technical staff.
Performs the following core duties:
- Assists other employees in resolving certain technical problems.
- Confers with other personnel in resolving problems involving procedural and technical matters.
- Provides more advanced technical support for the customer.
- Researches problems and recommends solutions; provides resource estimates and progress reports.
- Serves on committees to develop technical standards and direction.
- Meets with University customers and technical staff to determine information needs and requirements.
- Ensures that all work is accurate and in compliance with departmental or project quality standards.
- Participates in training and professional development sessions.
- Provides on-call support on nights and weekends as needed; provides input for the planning and budget process.
Contributes to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues and opportunities.
This job description shall include, but is not necessarily limited to, the above duties. May temporarily perform other duties assigned to maintain operations and services.
Marginal Functions will vary with the specific assignment and depend on the particular unit or function for which the person is responsible. Consideration will be given on a case by case basis and reassignment of marginal duties will be made when appropriate.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
Requires a minimum of a BachelorÔ??s degree or the equivalent of eight years experience. Two (2) years development experience preferred. Demonstrated ability to develop web-based database applications in a Microsoft development environment.
Supervision of Personnel
Supervises assigned staff