Position Title:Assistant Athletic Director/Compliance Services
Reports To:Athletic Director
Purpose of Position
Responsible for ensuring compliance with University, Lone Star Conference and National Collegiate Athletic Association rules and regulations to include providing managerial oversight of all matters concerning student athlete recruiting, admissions, eligibility, financial aid and amateur status.
- Serves as NCAA Compliance Coordinator to ensure compliance with TAMU-Commerce, LSC and NCAA rules and regulations related to recruitment, academic eligibility, admissions, financial aid, playing and practices seasons and awards and benefits. Compliance functions include on-going NCAA rules education, investigation of alleged NCAA rules violations, interpretations, dissemination of new legislation to coaches and staff; prepare and maintain required NCAA documentation, prepare waiver requests and other required documentation, maintain student athlete compliance files.
- Assures compliance functions collectively are carried out through implementation and utilization of NCAA Compliance Assistant Internet (CAI), when possible.
- Maintains eligibility records on all student-athletes and assist academic services, registrars office and admissions office with certification of academic eligibility.
- Maintains financial aid records and prepares all scholarship agreements, monitors scholarship expenditures and budgets, works with Foundation and University Scholarship Office. Assists Financial Aid Office with the financial aid needs of student athletes and the completion of NCAA Financial Aid squad list through the use of CAI.
- Oversees and administers athletic injury/health insurance in conjunction with the primary insurance companies and university insurance carrier to ensure prompt and accurate payment of all medical bills.
- Serves as primary advisor to Student Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC).
- Oversees and administers university’s communication with NCAA Eligibility Center including ensuring that all incoming student athletes have appropriately registered with the Center; daily monitoring of amateur eligibility status of all freshmen and transfer student-athletes with amateurism issues.
- Responsible for event management for home soccer and/or volleyball events.
- Provides administrative oversight and guidance to the cheerleading program including oversight of part-time cheerleading coach.
- Serves on Department, University, Conference and NCAA committees as assigned
- Serves as ex-officio member of the University Athletic Council
Contributes to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues and opportunities.
This job description shall include, but is not necessarily limited to, the above duties. May temporarily perform other duties assigned to maintain operations and services.
Marginal Functions will vary with the specific assignment and depend on the particular unit or function for which the person is responsible. Consideration will be given on a case by case basis and reassignment of marginal duties will be made when appropriate.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
BachelorÔ??s degree required; MasterÔ??s preferred. Requires 1 year experience in NCAA rules, compliance administration.
Supervision of Personnel