Position Title:Assistant Athletic Trainer
Reports To:Head of Athletic Trainer
Purpose of Position
Provides assistance with coverage for prevention care and rehabilitation of athletic injuries for the department of intercollegiate athletics.
- Assists with the inventory within the Athletic Training Department. Develop and maintain inventory list to assist the Head Athletic Trainer in acquiring supplies, organizing supplies and distributing to athletic training facilities.
- Assists with the coordination and scheduling of game and practice coverage (home and away) for all athletic training staff.
- Assists with the supervision of Graduate Assistant Athletic Trainers and Student Athletic Trainers.
- Assists with the supervision of the custodial and maintenance schedules for all athletic training facilities.
- Assists the Head Athletic Trainer with other assigned administrative duties.
- Assists with the prevention, evaluation, treatment and rehabilitation of injured student-athletes.
- Assists with the practice/game preparation and coverage for the athletic teams.
- Travels with assigned teams as needed.
- Assists with the medical treatment, rehabilitation and physician prescription records for all student-athletes
- Coordinates and provides written and verbal follow-ups to Head Coaches regarding student-athlete medical care. Serves as Liaison between the team physicians and Head Coaches.
- Assists with the management, supervision and educational preparation of the undergraduate Athletic Training Student.
- Coordinates the athletic training services and coverage schedules for summer camps.
- May conduct classes in the absence of instructors.
Contributes to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues and opportunities.
This job description shall include, but is not necessarily limited to, the above duties. May temporarily perform other duties assigned to maintain operations and services.
Marginal Functions will vary with the specific assignment and depend on the particular unit or function for which the person is responsible. Consideration will be given on a case by case basis and reassignment of marginal duties will be made when appropriate.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
Requires a Bachelor‚??s degree in Health and Kinesiology or related medical field and two to five years collegiate level athletic training experience. Eight years experience will substitute for degree. Requires National Athletic Trainers Association (NATA) Certification. Must be eligible to apply for a Texas Athletic Trainers License. Must be certified in First Aid and CPR with an instructor‚??s certification desirable. Requires good computer skills and excellent communication skills.
Supervision of Personnel
Athletic training student and graduate assistants.