Position Title:Assistant Basketball Coach
Reports To:Head Womenâ??s Basketball Coach
Purpose of Position
Provides assistance to the Basketball coaches.
- Assists basketball coaches with travel plans, schedules, practice sessions, game plans and public relations.
- Conducts conditioning programs for basketball players.
- Supervises study halls for athletes.
- Assists student athletes with admission/retention concerns.
- Responsible for recruiting and public relations with high school and junior college transfer athletes.
- Responsible for equipment inventory and requisition.
- Coordinates housing needs of intercessions and pre-game meals with cafeteria.
- Promotes and coordinates summer basketball camps.
- Assists visiting teams with practice times and other necessary arrangements.
- Solicits workers for athletic events.
- May conduct classes in the absence of instructors.
- Assists with all athletic events to include tickets sales and concessions.
Contributes to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues and opportunities.
This job description shall include, but is not necessarily limited to, the above duties. May temporarily perform other duties assigned to maintain operations and services.
Marginal Functions will vary with the specific assignment and depend on the particular unit or function for which the person is responsible. Consideration will be given on a case by case basis and reassignment of marginal duties will be made when appropriate.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
Requires Bachelorâ??s degree in related field, Masterâ??s degree preferred. Must have experience in coaching basketball at the collegiate level. Must also have experience in organizing and conducting basketball camps for young athletes. Previous experience in recruiting.
Supervision of Personnel