Position Title:Assistant Custodial Supervisor
Reports To:Custodial Supervisor
Purpose of Position
Responsible for the supervision of Building Attendants for the purpose of cleaning all campus buildings and housing complexes.
- Assists with prioritizing all work orders and provides technical support to Building Attendants.
- Inspects buildings for quality of work performed.
- Insures that work assignments are covered when sick leave, vacation or other related emergencies dictate reassignment of personnel.
- Responsible for maintaining all custodial equipment.
- Assists with planning the assignments for special events.
- Helps maintain an inventory of supplies.
- Assists with training new employees.
- Responsible for the opening and closing of all university facilities.
Contributes to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues and opportunities.
This job description shall include, but is not necessarily limited to, the above duties. May temporarily perform other duties assigned to maintain operations and services.
Marginal Functions will vary with the specific assignment and depend on the particular unit or function for which the person is responsible. Consideration will be given on a case by case basis and reassignment of marginal duties will be made when appropriate.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
Requires high school diploma or equivalent and three to five (3-5) years related experience. Must have a valid Texas driverÔ??s license. Must have the ability to operate and train others to operate various types of custodial equipment in a safe and proper method. Must have knowledge of chemicals related to custodial care and knowledge of safety training and hazmat (hazardous materials) training. One to two (1-2) years supervisory experience is preferred.
Supervision of Personnel
Supervises all Building Attendant I, Building Attendant II and Building Attendant III.