Position Title:Assistant Dean of Students
Reports To:Assistant VP and Dean of Student Services
Purpose of Position
Responsible for providing leadership and supervision here appropriate; to compliment/provide support to the Dean of Campus Live and Student Development. Provides direct oversight and management for the student cod of conduct/judicial process, complaint process and to complete all staff assignments.
- Responsible for student discipline while maintaining liaison with appropriate campus offices and departments.
- Oversees the management of judicial software system.
- Chairs the Behavior Intervention Team and serves as the liaison with appropriate campus offices and departments.
- Provides oversight for the complaint process “ombudsman” duties for student concerns.
- Coordinates projects within Campus Life and Student Development.
- Updates “The Student Guidebook”
- Administers and approves budgetary expenditures.
- Conducts research/data collection, evaluation and assessment as a basis for development of programs and/or services within division.
- Recommends medical withdrawals and maintains adequate records.
- Serves on designated university committees.
- Works with faculty and students regarding class attendance issues.
- Responds to all student” walk-in” issues and maintains documentation.
- Develops and maintains relationships with local authorities, community agencies and leaders.
- Monitors and coordinates services at off-campus sites for the division of Campus Life and Student Development.
- Oversees the total process of issuing authorizations to see good on the campus (Solicitation Committee).
Contributes to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues and opportunities.
This job description shall include, but is not necessarily limited to, the above duties. May temporarily perform other duties assigned to maintain operations and services.
Marginal Functions will vary with the specific assignment and depend on the particular unit or function for which the person is responsible. Consideration will be given on a case by case basis and reassignment of marginal duties will be made when appropriate.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
MasterÔ??s Degree required. Requires five to seven (5-7) years in college/university setting. Excellent communication skills, computer skills and attention to detail. Doctorate preferred with five to seven (5-7) years in Student Affairs, Higher Education experience.
Supervision of Personnel
Graduate Assistant and 4 student assistants.