Position Title:Assistant Director - Fitness
Department:MRC (Rec Center)
Purpose of Position
Responsible for a comprehensive fitness program for members of the Morris Recreation Center and the Texas A&M University-Commerce community.
- Develops and implements a comprehensive fitness and wellness program for all members of the Morris Recreation Center.
- Develops a plan for incorporating the following components into the fitness program: nutrition information/conunseling, weight training, cardiovascular training, aquatic fitness, fitness assessment, blood testing, etc.
- Organizes, schedules, implements and evaluates all fitness activities (i.e clinics, workshops, classes, seminars, etc.).
- Assists in the recruitment, selection, training and motivation of fitness staff.
- Assists in the development, implementation and management of the fitness budget.
- Responsible for the development, implementation and management of a self-sustaining budget for the personal training program.
- Coordinatoes and maintains proper certification of all fitness personnel.
- Responsible for the inventory and purchasing of all fitness equipment.
- Responsible for the day-today operations of a comprehensive fitness program.
- Assists in the development and implementation of long-term and short-term goals for the fitness programs.
- Responsible for the developmet of new initiatives in order to meet the needs of the various target populations within the MRC membership.
- Assists in the promotion and supervision of current and future programs in order to develop and maintain an adequate membership base.
- Collaborates with the HKSS department to schedule activity classes in the activity room in the Morris Recreatrion Center (MRC).
- Establishes and oversees risk management policies for all fitness programs.
- Provides monthly quantitave data concerning fitness programming participation numbers
- Promotes and markets the fitness programs to ensure an adequate membership base in order to meet the annual budgetary projections.
- Supervises and evaluates student workers (fitness instructors and personal trainers) on a weekly basis.
- Assists with all special events and/or programming within the Campus Recreation Deaprtment.
- Attenda national, regional and state professional workshops and conferences.
Contributes to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues and opportunities.
This job description shall include, but is not necessarily limited to, the above duties. May temporarily perform other duties assigned to maintain operations and services.
Marginal Functions will vary with the specific assignment and depend on the particular unit or function for which the person is responsible. Consideration will be given on a case by case basis and reassignment of marginal duties will be made when appropriate.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
Requires BachelorÔ??s degree in Health, Recreation, Kinesiology, Sports Management or related. MasterÔ??s degree in Health, Recreation, Kinesiology, Sports Mangement or related field preferred. Minimum of two (2) years experience in fitness/wellness programming. Must posses Group Exercise Instructor certification (ASCM, ACE, AFAA or related). Minimum of two (2) years experience in teaching fitness classes (kickboxing, yoga, aerobics, etc.). Must possess current First Aid & CPR Instructor certification. Must posses excellent writing and verbal skills. A working knowledge of fitness programming and fitness assessment.preferred. Knowledge of blood chemistry analysis profiles preferred. Knowledge of the Micro-Fit Assessment software preferred.
Supervision of Personnel
Supervises 18-24 student workers.