Position Title:Assistant Director Intramurals & Club Sports
Department:MRC (Rec Center)
Reports To:Associate Director
Purpose of Position
Responsible for a comprehensive Intramural & Club Sports program for members of the Morris Recreation Center and the Texas A&M-Commerce community.
- Develops and implements a comprehensive Intramural and Club Sports program for all members of the Morris Recreation Center.
- Responsible for the day-today operations of a comprehensive Intramural and Club Sports program.
- Responsible for planning, organizing, scheduling and evaluating all team sports and individual/dual activities within Intramurals.
- Responsible for planning, organizing, scheduling and evaluating all Club Sports programs.
- Responsible for hiring, training, scheduling, evaluating and motivating all Intramural student workers.
- Assists in the development, implementation and management of the Intramural budget.
- Handles the daily and weekly deposits of revenue.
- Manages payroll reports for the Intramural student workers.
- Responsible for the development, implementation and management of a self-sustaining budget for the Club Sports program.
- Coordinates and maintains proper certification and training of all advisors of Club Sports programs.
- Responsible for the inventory, maintenance and purchasing of all Intramural equipment.
- Oversees the Intramural Point System.
- Assists in the development and implementation of long-term and short-term goals for the Intramural and Club Sports programs.
- Responsible for the development of new initiatives in order to meet the needs of the various target populations within the MRC membership.
- Assists in the promotion and supervision of current and future programs in order to develop and maintain an adequate membership base.
- Promotes and markets the Intramural program and assists with the marketing of the Club Sports teams.
- Establishes and oversees risk management policies for all Intramural and Club Sports programs.
- Provides monthly quantitative data concerning Intramural and Club Sports participation numbers.
- Develops policies and procedures for Intramurals and Club Sports. Also responsible for the development of an official’s training manual.
- Handles any disciplinary actions involving the Intramural or Club Sports program.
- Supervises and evaluates student workers on a monthly basis.
- Assists with all special events and/or programming within the Campus Recreation Department.
Contributes to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues and opportunities.
This job description shall include, but is not necessarily limited to, the above duties. May temporarily perform other duties assigned to maintain operations and services.
Marginal Functions will vary with the specific assignment and depend on the particular unit or function for which the person is responsible. Consideration will be given on a case by case basis and reassignment of marginal duties will be made when appropriate.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
Requires Bachelor‚??s degree in Recreation, Kinesiology, Sports Management or related field. Master‚??s degree in Recreation, Kinesiology, Sports Management or related field preferred. Minimum of two (2) year experience in intramurals ‚?¶years as a graduate assistant will be accepted. Must posses current First Aid & CPR certification. Must be able to officiate at least one (1) sport. Must have experience training officials. Must be able to work nights and weekends. Must possess excellent writing and verbal skills. Three (3) years experience in a collegiate intramural program preferred. Possess First Aid & CPR Instructor certification preferred. Experience working with college-age employee preferred. Experience working with Excel, Work, Publisher, Power Point, etc. preferred.
Supervision of Personnel
Supervises 18-24 student workers.