Position Title:Assistant Director Alumni Relations
Purpose of Position
Responsible for providing programs and services for University alumni and constituent groups.
- Assists with development, planning, and executing workshops, programs, lectures and other activities of interest to students, alumni, and the university community, i.e., homecoming, reunions, golf tournament, Alumni Forum, etc.
- Communicates frequently with alumni, former students and friends of the University through written correspondence and oral interactions. This may include contributions to The Pride, which is published four times a year.
- Assists the Director in planning and implementing strategies and activities to market the Alumni Association membership to former students of the University.
- Assists in the development of strategies to maintain the momentum of the Alumni Association and to achieve its programmatic and financial objectives.
- Interfaces with various University departments in the promotion of alumni services.
- Investigates, develops and implements chapter development.
- Assists with the needs and requirements of the Texas A&M University-Commerce Alumni Association Board of Directors, including correspondence, Board meetings, etc.
- Serves on various campus committees, e.g. homecoming.
- Interacts with students in order to facilitate their transition to alumni status through the Student Alumni Association, senior disorientation, new student orientation, scholarship programs, etc.
- Assists the Director in identifying candidates for Association leadership, special recognition, etc.
- Maintains confidential records to include alumni addresses, award nominations, student information, etc. Investigates and creates methods for building and maintaining comprehensive alumni records to increase the alumni database.
Contributes to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues and opportunities.
This job description shall include, but is not necessarily limited to, the above duties. May temporarily perform other duties assigned to maintain operations and services.
Marginal Functions will vary with the specific assignment and depend on the particular unit or function for which the person is responsible. Consideration will be given on a case by case basis and reassignment of marginal duties will be made when appropriate.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
Requires a BachelorÔ??s degree and five (5) years professional experience coordinating formal and informal functions; five (5) years professional supervisory experience, experience with multitasking. MasterÔ??s degree preferred, experience in a university setting overseeing both long and short-term programs; and knowledge of this institution, its programs, services and alumni.
Supervision of Personnel
Secretarial support and student workers.