Position Title:Assistant Director Classroom and Multimedia Technologies
Department:Instructional Technology and Distance Education
Purpose of Position
Responsible for providing leadership for the Classroom and Multimedia Technologies area and team by managing the multimedia and classroom support functions related to instruction.
- Provides leadership for the Classroom and Multimedia Technologies team in areas related to videoconferencing, production of instructional videos, and maintaining and improving multimedia in campus classrooms.
- Manages the multimedia technologist in projects related to faculty web page development, multimedia components for courses delivered in all modalities, and graphics design.
- Manages the video support specialist in areas related to videoconferencing technologies and the production of instructional videos for use in courses delivered in all modalities.
- Manages the classroom technologies specialist in areas classroom technologies deployment and support.
- Responsible for managing the overall multimedia and classroom support function to include integration and consulting.
- Identifies, evaluates, and employs emerging multimedia technologies for usage by faculty in classrooms.
- Works collaboratively with department heads on the adoption and operation of technology in classroom learning environments.
- Responsible for assuring that continual research and visioning of possible future programs and technology initiatives is conducted.
Contributes to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues and opportunities.
This job description shall include, but is not necessarily limited to, the above duties. May temporarily perform other duties assigned to maintain operations and services.
Marginal Functions will vary with the specific assignment and depend on the particular unit or function for which the person is responsible. Consideration will be given on a case by case basis and reassignment of marginal duties will be made when appropriate.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
Requires a Baccalaureate degree from an accredited four-year college. Major course work in Radio and Television production or related field is preferred. Demonstrated knowledge and skills in troubleshooting and operating Distance Education Systems, and in producing videos using both linear and non-linear devices. Must have general knowledge of installing and configuring PC equipment and peripherials, as well as multi-media devices. Must be self motivated and able to work independently or on a team. Must be able to complete work assignments in a timely manner, providing quality service to customerÔ??s satisfaction. Must be abel to organize and keep accurate written and computerized records. Must be able to work harmoniously with other staff, customers, and vendors. Must understand and perform written and oral instructions. Must be able to work under pressure in a fast paced environment and adapt to changes in procedures and priorities. Must be able to work extended and sometimes unusual hours of the day.
Supervision of Personnel
Classroom and Multimedia Technologies support staff.