Position Title:Assistant Director Facilities Management
Reports To:Executive Director of Facilities/Support Services
Purpose of Position
Responsible for assisting in the general operations on all Facilities activities consisting of 130+ employees and an annual operating budget in excess of $4,000,000.
- Responsible for coordinating all the maintenance work orders for a campus consisting of 81 building.
- Supervises the reception of all service requests for performance of work by Facilities. Determines whether performance of work will be by Facilities forces or by contact depending upon current shop backlog and capability. Works with shop supervisors to develop long range shop work load plans based upon work backlog and Facilities shop capabilities. Generates work status reports.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of Facilities services to the campus and develops and recommends methods of improvement/expansion of these services.
- Supervises the planning and estimating function which includes the preparation of preliminary and detailed estimates, and fixed price contract proposals for maintenance repair, alteration and improvement work to be performed by Facilities staff or by outside contract.
- Manages university Job Order Contract Program and outside contractors. Responsible for contract compliance, quality inspections and all contract documents.
- Supervises and develops the plan for University facilities inspections & preventive maintenance programs, using the results of these programs to assist the director in developing long-range capital outlay and annual maintenance budget plans that will provide for a high level of maintenance renovation and modernization of these facilities.
- Coordinates analysis of campus facility conditions and assist Director in development of the annual deferred maintenance plan for submission to the Higher Education Coordinating Board.
- Manages Facilities maintenance management system, works with vendor and CTIS regarding upgrades, systems maintenance.
- Monitors energy usage and develops programs to reduce energy consumption.
- Assists supervisors with work related issues of personnel, training, performance, customer service and quality.
- Assumes full responsibility for Facilities Management Department operations in the absence of the director.
- Coordinates maintenance activities occurring during nights, weekends and holidays.
- Assists director with development and monitoring of a budget of $4 million dollars.
Contributes to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues and opportunities.
This job description shall include, but is not necessarily limited to, the above duties. May temporarily perform other duties assigned to maintain operations and services.
Marginal Functions will vary with the specific assignment and depend on the particular unit or function for which the person is responsible. Consideration will be given on a case by case basis and reassignment of marginal duties will be made when appropriate.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
Requires a BachelorÔ??s degree in engineering or business administration or a related field and with 7 years experience in facilities management. Ten plus (10+) years of experience will substitute for degree. Strong Computer skills necessary, including knowledge of all Windows applications. Must be proficient in Excel and have a working knowledge of eximating softwares, such as Cost Works. Knowledge of Energy Management Systems (EMS) and CAD/GIS applications. Ability to read and interpret blue prints, and to response to technical manuals/reports from Texas State agencies for compliance measures. Managerial skills for staff supervision,valid Texas driverÔ??s license and a good driving record.
Supervision of Personnel
Supervision of 130+ employees.