Position Title:Assistant Director Human Resources
Reports To:Director Human Resources
Purpose of Position
Responsible for the management of human resources functions including employment services, compensation, recruitment, performance evaluations, search processes and procedures, University training functions, mandatory training, faculty and staff benefits and employee leave. Works closely with the director related to positive performance management. Also responsible for supplying financial information to the business services department as it relates to human resources for the University
- Supplies projections and financial impact to the business services department as related to compensation for the University
- Oversees the search procedures for the university to ensure that procedures are clearly defined and best serve the needs of the university while remaining in compliance with search procedures.
- Administer salary administration program to ensure compliance and equity within organization. Develops and prepares annual Classified Personnel Pay Plan.
- Works closely with supervisors and department heads related to all departmental reclassifications and job description analysis for new positions including title and salary level. Perform periodic audits to determine whether jobs are appropriately classified.
- Responsible for oversight of benefits program for faculty and staff. Responsible for oversight of employee LeaveTraq and TimeTraq.
- Responsible for oversight of University training and staff development including staff development day.
- Coordinates Merit Program in conjunction with Department of Business Affairs.
- Works closely with the director related to Positive Performance Management.
- Manages recruitment process and employment services.
- Assists with the preparation of human resources budget and operations.
- Formulates recommendations regarding development and updating of salary structures.
- Develops and implements annual performance review procedures. Prepares appraisal instruments for supervisors . Administer performance review program to ensure effectiveness, compliance and equity within organization. Works closely with the merit process.
- Provides policy interpretation for persons seeking information regarding position reclassifications, performance review process, or other compensation procedures.
- Writes special analytical reports as requested. Makes presentations to administration, if needed.
- Provides guidance to employees and supervisors concerning HR policy and procedures. Handles employee complaints in absence of Director.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Contributes to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues and opportunities.
This job description shall include, but is not necessarily limited to, the above duties. May temporarily perform other duties assigned to maintain operations and services.
Marginal Functions will vary with the specific assignment and depend on the particular unit or function for which the person is responsible. Consideration will be given on a case by case basis and reassignment of marginal duties will be made when appropriate.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
Requires BachelorÔ??s degree in business or related field; MasterÔ??s degree preferred. Requires five years progressively responsible experience in human resources, preferably in a higher education setting. Statistical, analytical and report writing skills a necessity. Computer proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel. Requires excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
Supervision of Personnel
Benefits, Leave and Employee Coordinators, Search Process Manager, Trainer/HR Generalist