Position Title:Assistant Director of Educator Accountability
Department:COEHS (Education and Human Services)
Reports To:Senior Director of Ed Prep
Purpose of Position
The main purpose of this position is to ensure that the educator preparation program remains in compliance with the State Board of Educator Certification Standards. This position is responsible for preparing required reports, interpreting data from the reports and summarizing for various individuals including but not limited to the University President, Provost and Dean of the College of Education. Approval for students to take state certification exams in handled by this position and requires collaboration with all departments on campus offering certification. This position is responsible for tracking certification candidates as they proceed through the programs to ensure their compliance with laws governing certification.
- Preparation of LBB, ASEP, Title II and other (as required) reports.
- Disseminates reports to faculty and administrators upon request.
- Disseminates testing reports to faculty and administrators after each test administration or as needed.
- Facilitate TExES/ExCET approval for teacher education candidates.
- Facilitate review activities for ExCET/TExES test candidates.
- Publicize ExCET/TExES dates.
- Supervise Administrative Assistant I position.
- Supervises graduate assistants in database development and maintenance.
- Knowledge of statutes governing teacher certification and accountability reporting.
- Track educator certification candidates in AC programs progress.
- In absence of Assistant Dean, coordinates course overload, academic suspensions and substitution requests for the College of Education.
- Coordinates university supervisor assignments, training and payroll process.
Contributes to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues and opportunities.
This job description shall include, but is not necessarily limited to, the above duties. May temporarily perform other duties assigned to maintain operations and services.
Marginal Functions will vary with the specific assignment and depend on the particular unit or function for which the person is responsible. Consideration will be given on a case by case basis and reassignment of marginal duties will be made when appropriate.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
Requires Bachelors degree, with five (5) years related experience, seven years preferred. MasterÔ??s degree preferred. Experience using Microsoft Office including Access, FrontPage, Powerpoint and Excel.. Experience using Dreamweaver and Adobe Acrobat required. Supervisor experience required. Good Written and verbal communication skills required. Experience interpreting and summarizing data from reports required. Knowledge of teacher certification testing and accountability reporting preferred. Experience using database software to create queries, developing web pages and experience using BANNER and FAMIS preferred.
Supervision of Personnel
Administrative Assistant I