Position Title:Assistant Director of Financial Aid - Technical Support
Reports To:Director of Financial Aid and Scholarships
Purpose of Position
Technical Support expert for the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships. Develops and enhances financial aid electronic processes relevant to all aspect of student financial aid programs.
- Monitors for remaining current with federal, state, and institutional rules and regulations regarding the awarding and disbursement of all forms of student financial aid.
- Responsible for the evaluation, implementation and execution of all existing as well as new and emerging electronic technologies as they relate to the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships.
- Serves as liaison with the Computer Technology Services Department to develop and implement programs and processes in Banner.
- Supervises staff.
- Develops and maintains detailed procedural documentation of Banner processes for training and updating staff and for reference.
- Prepares and coordinates federal, state and institutional reports and surveys.
- Attends financial aid and Banner training workshops and conferences.
- Counsels students and parents on the financial aid and scholarship application processes and awards financial aid packages.
Contributes to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues and opportunities.
This job description shall include, but is not necessarily limited to, the above duties. May temporarily perform other duties assigned to maintain operations and services.
Marginal Functions will vary with the specific assignment and depend on the particular unit or function for which the person is responsible. Consideration will be given on a case by case basis and reassignment of marginal duties will be made when appropriate.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
Requires a BachelorÔ??s degree with a minimum of (3-5) years of demonstrated professional work experience. BachelorÔ??s degree I Computer Science or MIS preferred. Must have demonstrated experience with software applications and working knowledge of automated financial aid processing systems. Experience with SunGard Banner Student Information System preferred. Strong research, quantitative, and analytical skills are required. Requires the ability to multi-task competing priorities in a fast paced environment. Must be detailed oriented. Requires strong verbal and written communication skills. Must have the ability to effectively communicate with a variety of constituents such as administrators, staff, students and parents. Must have the ability to train functional users on new and existing technologies applicable to their positions. Must possess extensive administrative and supervisory experience. Must be able to interpret federal and state financial aid regulations. Must be able to assist in developing policies and procedures to implement regulations. Must be able to assimilate and develop the financial aid module in Banner in reference to regulations, policies and procedures. Must be able to use software reporting tools to facilitate database performance assessment and development. Must be proficient with MS Office Suite. Strong commitment to customer service and community relations required.
Supervision of Personnel
Supervises four (4) full-time employees and two (2) part-time student workers.