Position Title:Assistant Director of Marketing and New Media
Department:MSC (Student Center)
Reports To:Sr. Associate Director
Purpose of Position
This position is key in the marketing and delivery of services of the Rayburn Student Center (RSC). Plans, directs, and implements marketing communications activities for the RSC as well as external marketing efforts for revenue generation initiatives. Responsible for communicating consistent messages across print and electronic media. Ensures that key, strategic messages are communicated effectively to target audiences. The use of new media and technology for the delivery of marketing services is a primary function of this position. This position also utilizes the latest in print media to develop posters, banners, and documents used for marketing and promotion of the RSC and organizations‚?? events and services. This position is part of our revenue generating operation and offers both retail opportunities as well as internal support services.
- Creates and implements comprehensive marketing plan for the RSC and its programs and services.
- Responsible for development and management of budgets for this area and keeping revenue and expenditures on target.
- Coordinates fee schedules, inventory and billing for Pride Shop.
- Coordinates sales of ad space/time on all media within the RSC.
- Effectively promotes services of RSC as a conference and special event venue off campus.
- Works to provide ONLINE resources for those leaders/members/students on the Commerce campus as well as our remote and on-line students.
- Responsible for implementing marketing and advertising efforts needed by the RSC and its core units including social medial avenues and experiences.
- Creates effective and consistent awareness efforts of student services, campus spirit, and inclusion for off-site locations.
- Researches, builds, implements, and evaluates student development initiatives for student employees in Pride Shop and MonsterStudio.
- Supervises Coordinator for Creative Services and Design and Business Manager for the Pride Shop.
Contributes to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues and opportunities.
This job description shall include, but is not necessarily limited to, the above duties. May temporarily perform other duties assigned to maintain operations and services.
Marginal Functions will vary with the specific assignment and depend on the particular unit or function for which the person is responsible. Consideration will be given on a case by case basis and reassignment of marginal duties will be made when appropriate.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
Required: Bachelors degree with a minimum of three (3) years of experience. Experience in videography, graphic design and audio/video, marketing and web design. Preferred: Master‚??s degree in Art/Art Communications/Advertising/Marketing/Public Relations or equivalent. Experience in higher education setting. Experience in art direction, strategic planning, budgeting, project management. Knowledge of installing, configuring and troubleshooting digital media. Prefer Adobe Creative Suite Certification.
Supervision of Personnel
Supervises Coordinator for Creative Services and Design. Business Manager for the Pride Shop and student employees.