Position Title:Assistant Director of Undergraduate Admissions ‚?? Transfer Center
Reports To:Director of Undergraduate Admissions
Purpose of Position
Oversee the daily operations of the Transfer Center. Supervises the undergraduate admissions processing and evaluation of community college and four-year university transcripts. Supervises preparation of the annual catalog equivalency guides for the 67 junior/community colleges in Texas and target junior/community colleges in Oklahoma and Arkansas. Initiates procedural changes for continued enhancement of the evaluation system. Establishes and maintains working relationships with area junior/community colleges with dual admission programs. Supervises the development of generic degree plans using Texas Common Course Numbers for students at the freshman and sophomore level to meet a uniform core curriculum in addition to determining desired courses in major areas. Coordinates recruitment and outreach efforts for prospective transfer students.
- Oversees the daily operations of the Transfer Center.
- Supervises the evaluation of academic transcripts for junior/community colleges and universities in preparation for admissions to the university, degree plans and academic advisement.
- Maintains the course database equivalency tables of the evaluation component of BANNER.
- Establish articulation course equivalencies after review and comparison of course descriptions.
- Determines acceptance of transfer courses with reference to the American Association of collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers (AACRAO) Transfer Credit Practices.
- E valuates military technical courses in compliance with the American Council on Education (ACE) Guide.
- Supervises the undergraduate admissions conversion to a paperless admissions process.
- Coordinates recruitment and outreach efforts for prospective transfer students.
- Supervises professional, clerical support personnel and graduate assistants.
- Other duties include determining undergraduate residence status and support of admissions advisors by reviewing applications, interviewing applicants and processing files.
Contributes to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues and opportunities.
This job description shall include, but is not necessarily limited to, the above duties. May temporarily perform other duties assigned to maintain operations and services.
Marginal Functions will vary with the specific assignment and depend on the particular unit or function for which the person is responsible. Consideration will be given on a case by case basis and reassignment of marginal duties will be made when appropriate.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
Requires a Master‚??s degree in related field. Knowledge of undergraduate and graduate admissions, scholarships, academic and student services is required. Knowledge and experience in the development of effective marketing strategies is required. Knowledge of degree plans, Texas common Course Numbering System and working knowledge of transfer articulation matters is required. Must stay abreast of Texas Higher Education Coordinating board mandated requirements pertaining to transfer articulation such as the Academic Course Guide Manual and Fields of Study. Experience in public speaking to high school or community college audiences and working with university student organization is required. Familiarity with the A&M-Commerce campus, its historical landmarks, points of interest and location of both academic and non-academic offices is required. Knowledge of Title IV Federal Financial Aid programs is preferred. Demonstrated excellence in research and writing skills. Requires frequent work after hours and on weekends and extensive travel.
Supervision of Personnel
Transfer Recruiter ‚?? 2, Admissions Counselor ‚?? 2, Transcript Evaluator ‚?? 2, Administrative Assistant/Digital Imager ‚?? 1, Graduate Assistant ‚?? 1, Student Worker ‚?? 1.