Position Title:Assistant Director Sam Rayburn Student Center
Department:MSC (Student Center)
Purpose of Position
Responsible for the overall management of the student center primarily evenings and weekend hours.
- Oversees the Club operations including: supervision of one graduate student, oversight of budget, programming, business operation and revenue generation.
- Hires, trains and supervises the performance of approximately 25 student employees in the following areas: Welcome Desk Attendants, Building Managers, Operation and Cleaning Crews. Coordinates and manages employee schedules, campus employee training compliance and payroll.
- Conducts weekly meeting with student managers to outline events, room set-ups, personnel and technical requirements. Assists with disciplinary review and counseling of student employees.
- Implements rick management procedures to assure a safe environment; reviews and recommends new or amended policies and procedures that impact daily operations. Direct staff iin providing risk management assessments, safety protocols and emergency equipment utilization.
- Assists clients in scheduling events via Event Management System (EMS). Communicates and meets with guests in advance and assists in determining specific needs, personnel, catering, room requirements and the use of technical resources.
- Directs and coordinates employees in producing multiple events throughout the year that highlight the facility, promotes interest, excitement and student engagement. Prepares programming budget, departmental sponsorship and event promotions for maximum participation.
- Assists in advising campus ambassador organization, Golden Leos. Plans and coordinates the selection process of future leaders. Provides leadership, supervision, advisement and consultation to members of the executive board and general membership. Directs member activities in campus-wide events such as: commencements, faculty convocations, conferences, departmental and advancement programs. Supervises budget funds in compliance with university protocols.
- Serves as an advisor to the RSC Student Advisory Board.
- Develop and participates in Rayburn Student Canter departmental safety and risk management trainings, policies and procedures and employee development.
- Serves on university and divisional committees as related to position and interest.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Contributes to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues and opportunities.
This job description shall include, but is not necessarily limited to, the above duties. May temporarily perform other duties assigned to maintain operations and services.
Marginal Functions will vary with the specific assignment and depend on the particular unit or function for which the person is responsible. Consideration will be given on a case by case basis and reassignment of marginal duties will be made when appropriate.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
Requires BachelorÔ??s degree with a minimum of two (2) years in event management, programming and supervision. Experience in creating and managing budgets. First Aid/CPB/AED certificate required. MasterÔ??s degree in Higher Education, Student Development or related field preferred. Prefer three (3) or more years in operations, event management and supervision in a fast-paced environment. Experience in Event Management System (EMS) software program preferred.
Supervision of Personnel
Approximately 25-30 student employees.