Position Title:Assistant Football Coach
Reports To:Head Football Coach
Purpose of Position
Responsible for assisting Head Football Coach with coaching responsibilities and duties.
- Serves as position coach and coordinator as designated by Head Coach.
- Performs student athlete recruiting. Maintains records of recruitment efforts.
- Serves as resource for student athletes by assisting in the identification and utilization of campus student services.
- Audits academic progress reports and organizes and administers team study hours.
- Organization and execution of practice and games.
- Assists with marketing and public relations and fundraising.
- Assists with player development on and off the field including the weight room.
- Assists in the coordination of team travel.
- Performs film exchange and breakdown.
Contributes to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues and opportunities.
This job description shall include, but is not necessarily limited to, the above duties. May temporarily perform other duties assigned to maintain operations and services.
Marginal Functions will vary with the specific assignment and depend on the particular unit or function for which the person is responsible. Consideration will be given on a case by case basis and reassignment of marginal duties will be made when appropriate.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
Requires BachelorÔ??s degree, MasterÔ??s degree preferred. Requires five years football coaching experience, preferably at college level (NCAA, I, II NAIA). Quarterback/Wide Receiver coaching experience required. Requires valid driverÔ??s license. Offensive coordinator experience preferred. Knowledge of NCAA rules compliance preferred. Good organization, verbal and written communication skills required. Computer application skills preferred.
Supervision of Personnel
Graduate Assistants & Student Labor