Position Title:Assistant Football Coach/Instructor
Reports To:Head Football Coach/Department Head
Purpose of Position
Responsible for assisting Head Football Coach with coaching responsibilities and duties. Responsible for a half-time teaching assignment (6 hours)in the Health and Human Performance Department.
- Serves as position coach or coordinator as designated by Head Coach.
- Performs student athlete recruiting. Maintains records for NCAA rules compliance.
- Serves as resource for student athletes by assisting in the identification and utilization of campus student services.
- Organizes and administers team study hours.
- Audits academic progress reports.
- Assists in the coordination of team travel.
- Performs film exchange and breakdown.
Contributes to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues and opportunities.
This job description shall include, but is not necessarily limited to, the above duties. May temporarily perform other duties assigned to maintain operations and services.
Marginal Functions will vary with the specific assignment and depend on the particular unit or function for which the person is responsible. Consideration will be given on a case by case basis and reassignment of marginal duties will be made when appropriate.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
Requires MasterÔ??s degree. Requires three years football coaching experience, preferably at college level (NCAA I, II, NAIA). Requires valid driverÔ??s license. Excellent organization, verbal, and written communication needed. Computer application skills preferred.
Supervision of Personnel
Graduate Assistants & Student Labor.