Position Title:Assistant to Director - Library
Purpose of Position
Manages the Library Director‚??s Office and provides substantial budget and accounting support for the Library. Facilitates the management of the Library and Personnel files/records for over 100 employees
- Provides accurate balances for over 20+ accounts, works closely with Purchasing, HUB companies, and FAMIS Accounting System.
- Provides written documentation and correspondence for the Library Director as required by other employees.
- Provides current accounting for more than 100 employees (36 full-time, 2 temps, 5 Graduate Assistants, and over 75 student assistant).
- Submits all library work requests to facilities.
- Completes annual inventory for library.
- As the library liaison officer, works closely with the Financial Aid Office to ensure library work-study students (50+ students) have complete paperwork in order to continue their library employment.
- Submits Student PPR’s to Payroll Office biweekly.
- Makes reports and deposits for special projects and programs.
- Makes all orders for equipment and supplies for the entire library.
- Hires, trains and supervises a full-time employee and two student assistants.
Contributes to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues and opportunities.
This job description shall include, but is not necessarily limited to, the above duties. May temporarily perform other duties assigned to maintain operations and services.
Marginal Functions will vary with the specific assignment and depend on the particular unit or function for which the person is responsible. Consideration will be given on a case by case basis and reassignment of marginal duties will be made when appropriate.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
High school diploma, two (2) years college with accounting and business management experience. Five (5) years administrative assistant experience preferably in higher education. Bachelor‚??s degree preferred. Requires database management, computer skills, accounting and business management skills. Previous supervisory experience required.
Supervision of Personnel
Administrative Secretary I and student workers.