Position Title:Assistant to the Executive Director for Facilities Management
Reports To:Executive Director for Facilities Management
Purpose of Position
Provides substantial support to the executive director of facilities management in all facets of his/her job duties. Additionally, assists the assistant director, various supervisors and staff. Provides budget and accounting responsibilities for the facilities department.
- Provides support in handling accurate balances for over 30 different accounts totaling over two million dollars.
- Provides written documentation and correspondence for the executive director, assistant director and various supervisors
- Reviews and properly distributes monthly reports required by accounts payable and the City of Commerce for University utilities.
- Serves as central communication point for facilities and as liaison between facilities and all other University departments
- Coordinates travel arrangements as needed for facilities administration. Records and distributes all facilities staff meeting notes.
- Reviews monthly payroll statements, completes and processes all human resources correspondence (Personnel Action Forms, Staffing Requests) for facilities.
- Provides current accounting for more than 100 employees’ sick leave, vacation, injury reports, etc.
- Handles some verbal contacts on campus for work orders by preparing and routing work orders to appropriate department for completion. Also handles some verbal contacts and work order preparation for Residence Life.
Contributes to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues and opportunities.
This job description shall include, but is not necessarily limited to, the above duties. May temporarily perform other duties assigned to maintain operations and services.
Marginal Functions will vary with the specific assignment and depend on the particular unit or function for which the person is responsible. Consideration will be given on a case by case basis and reassignment of marginal duties will be made when appropriate.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
High school diploma or equivalent, degree preferred. Five to ten (5-10) years secretarial or administrative assistant experience. Knowledge in business communications, office procedures and computer skills. Previous experiencing accounting helpful.
Supervision of Personnel