Position Title:Assistant to VP Student Access & Success
Department:Student Access and Success, VP for
Reports To:Vice President for Student Access & Success
Purpose of Position
Position functions as the executive assistant to the Vice President and is responsible for the successful and efficient operation of the Student Access and Success office. Acts in an administrative capacity to manage internal office activity and productivity as well as projects and deadlines across the Student Access and Success Division on behalf of the VP. Top level contributor and performs a wide variety of administrative functions. Regularly operates under deadlines and may be subject to extreme workloads. Regularly works with confidential information. Manages operating accounts and coordinates human resource activities. May provide professional staff support to one or more departments in non-routine situations.
- Manages travel, calendar, telephone and in person appointments.
- Maintains records, files and reports.
- Makes arrangements for meetings and other functions including detailed preparations as well as taking and preparing minutes as requested.
- Acts as office manager, coordinating workload, overseeing equipment and supplies, as well as maintaining inventory.
- Regularly handles confidential information and records.
- Assists the VP in monitoring division activities and committees.
- Represents division and/or university to outside agencies, contacts, other universities, etc.
- Understands and adheres to System and university policies and procedures to effectively and efficiently manage operations.
Contributes to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues and opportunities.
This job description shall include, but is not necessarily limited to, the above duties. May temporarily perform other duties assigned to maintain operations and services.
Marginal Functions will vary with the specific assignment and depend on the particular unit or function for which the person is responsible. Consideration will be given on a case by case basis and reassignment of marginal duties will be made when appropriate.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
High School or equivalent with five plus (5+) years secretarial experience preferably in higher education. Bachelors degree with seven (7) years successful administrative assistant experience in higher education preferred.
Supervision of Personnel