Position Title:Assoc. Dir. of Admin. Operations, Navarro Partnership Program
Department:Academic and Student Affairs, VP and Provost for
Reports To:Dir. of Administrative Operations/Associate Vice President for Academic Affairs
Purpose of Position
Responsible for assisting the director in the development and coordination of all A&M-Commerce undergraduate course offerings and degree programs offered on the Navarro College campus; assist the director in working with the Director of Public Relations and Field-Based Education to support development and coordination of A&M-Public Relations and Field-Based programs.
- Represents the Director in his or her absence.
- Assists in the development and implementation of a plan for delivering programs at Navarro College that result in undergraduate and graduate degrees.
- Works with the Director in the preparation of course schedules and the distribution of those schedules.
- Facilitates communication between and within A&M-Commerce and Navarro College.
- Works with the Director to determine technology needs of the facility.
- Assists faculty with technology needs for class instruction.
- Helps the Director to coordinate admission and registration activities for Navarro Partnership students.
- Assists in relating to, communicating with, and advising students in degrees in all four colleges of the university.
- Helps with the basic operational and technical support for distance education classes originating or received at the Navarro Partnership.
- Maintains inventory of all equipment for program.
- Conducts new student orientation sessions for the Corsicana partnership program.
- Assists with ordering supplies for staff and faculty.
- Maintains appropriate communications with the faculty concering deadlines, procdures, and policies.
- Assists the director with graudaiton checkout responsibiltities.
- Assists the director with graduation ceremonies at Navarro College.
- Assists the Field-based coordinator with internship and residence placements.
- Permits all Field-based students and checks departmental rewquirements for deficiencies.
- Maintains records on intern and residency testing and reports findings to the Director and Field-Based Coordinator.
- Maintains records and deposits of all funds collected for tuition purposes.
Contributes to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues and opportunities.
This job description shall include, but is not necessarily limited to, the above duties. May temporarily perform other duties assigned to maintain operations and services.
Marginal Functions will vary with the specific assignment and depend on the particular unit or function for which the person is responsible. Consideration will be given on a case by case basis and reassignment of marginal duties will be made when appropriate.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
Requires - BachelorÔ??s degree. Preferred - 3 years experience in higher education, excellent oral and written communication skills, strong interpersonal skills, excellent organizational ability, current knowledge of educational technology.
Supervision of Personnel