Position Title:Associate Athletic Director for Business
Reports To:Athletic Director
Purpose of Position
Supervises and manages all aspects of the Athletic Business Office. Supervises accounts payables, human resources and payroll, budget and cash management and financial reporting. Also responsible for all accounting aspects of Athletic ticket operations, inventory control and reconciliation and deposits.
- Reviews invoices and supervises accounts payable staff.
- Analyzes and reconciles Athletic accounts. Reviews and reconciles budgets, accounts and special projects.
- Supervises ticket operations. Determines number of tickets needed for each event and prints tickets, supervises ticket staff, reconciles ticket sales and cash received to sales reports and makes deposits.
- Projects and forecasts revenue and expenditures. Reviews budgets, spending habits, economic environment to determine financial needs to properly fund programs.
- Directs and supervises all purchasing and departmental business operations including cash receipts, grant-in-aid payments and expenditures from University Foundation accounts, provides monthly and annual budgets to all programs.
- Provides oversight of all athletics human resources responsibilities including hiring graduate assistants and student workers.
- Oversees management aspects of three sports and athletic training programs and head athletic trainer supervisor.
Contributes to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues and opportunities.
This job description shall include, but is not necessarily limited to, the above duties. May temporarily perform other duties assigned to maintain operations and services.
Marginal Functions will vary with the specific assignment and depend on the particular unit or function for which the person is responsible. Consideration will be given on a case by case basis and reassignment of marginal duties will be made when appropriate.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
Masters degree in business related field, with three (3) or more years in sport industry, public or governmental accounting. Requires knowledge of NCAA, conference and institution rules and regulations and requirements. Effectively manage and control budgets, account and budget analysis and forecasting. Excellent customer services, communication and interpersonal skills. Understand spending habits of athletic industry, game contracts and contract negotiations. Effectively administer and manage special event and projects. CPA preferred.
Supervision of Personnel
Head Athletic Trainer, Part-time Facilities Manager, Administrative Assistant and student workers.