Position Title:Associate Director - Facilities
Department:MRC (Rec Center)
Reports To:Associate Director ‚?? Facilities/Operations
Purpose of Position
Responsible for the administration and coordination of ALL Campus Recreation facilities. Specifically, this includes day-to-day operations, supervision of professional staff, budgets, scheduling and maintenance of Morris Recreation Center, Cain Sports Complex, and the Great Out-Roars Aquatics Venue.
- Responsible for the day-to-day operations of the MRC, Pool and the Cain Sports Complex.
- Meets, monitors, supervises and evaluates professional staff.
- Maintains a risk management plan with the Director’s guidelines.
- Sits on university committees and oversees special events.
- Assists with campus recreation budgets in aquatics, Cain, facility operations and special events.
- Assists the director with customer service initiatives, drafts facility’s policies and procedures.
Contributes to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues and opportunities.
This job description shall include, but is not necessarily limited to, the above duties. May temporarily perform other duties assigned to maintain operations and services.
Marginal Functions will vary with the specific assignment and depend on the particular unit or function for which the person is responsible. Consideration will be given on a case by case basis and reassignment of marginal duties will be made when appropriate.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
Requires Master‚??s degree with a minimum of two (2) years related experience and one (1) year of pool management. Requires 1st Aid/.CPR, CPO and Lifeguard Certification. Experience with Facility Software and pool chemical mixture. Two to three (2-3) years experience with two (2) years of pool management preferred. 1st Aid/CPR instructor, LGI preferred.
Supervision of Personnel
Coordinator of Facilities, Coordinator of Fields/Maintenance, all MRC facility student workers including the Aquatic life guards and head guard.