Position Title:Associate Director of Undergraduate Admissions
Reports To:Director of Undergraduate Admissions
Purpose of Position
Oversee the development, implementation and coordination of all outreach activities conducted by the Office of Undergraduate Admissions for the purposes of exposing prospective first-time freshman to Texas A&M University-Commerce and its academic offerings. Evaluates transfer transcripts submitted by prospective and current students in preparation for student enrollment, degree planning and advisement. To provide timely and accurate information and to assists in the development of resources for use by prospective and current students, community college advisor, admission recruiters/officials, academic/faculty advisor in support of freshman/transfer student recruitment, admission, enrollment and advisement.
- Assist the Director of Undergraduate Admission in developing and implementing a recruitment plan to address outreach activities to high school students, parents and school counselors.
- Develop and monitor statistical reports to enhance recruitment strategies, yield management, forecasting, and operational efficiency.
- Oversee the hiring process and provide on-going training for all freshman admission counselors.
- Facilitate inter-departmental communications to help create a positive, team-oriented atmosphere.
- Coordinate all travel and outreach activities for the Office of Undergraduate Admissions.
- Work with the Assistant Director of Admissions-Information Technology, to develop effective communication plans and targeted communications.
- Collaborate with key university offices (i.e. Financial Aid, Scholarships, Housing, Testing, and Orientation) to communicate required steps regarding the college transition process.
- Assist in the design and development of recruitment publications, promotional materials and undergraduate admissions website.
- Develop and maintain close working relationships with key secondary school constituents.
- Maintain communication with Director of Admissions and Enrollment Management Division. Contribute proactive solutions to all relevant problems, issues and opportunities.
- Exercises independent judgment in assessing the qualifications of each applicant for admission. Assessment involves evaluation of high school transcripts, junior or senior college transcripts and college entrance exam score reports.
- Evaluates junior and senior college transcripts of transferring students to determine admissibility and equivalency of transferring courses.
- Advises and counsels students in the areas of federal, state and university policies and procedures that relate to the financial aid programs.
- Corresponds by mail, email, phone or in person with prospective students, counselors and enrolled students regarding required documents to complete admission procedures. Processes acceptance packets including letter of acceptance, schedule of classes, testing, orientation and registration information.
- Determines after assessment of credentials, the admissibility of a student according to the University’s admission policy.
- Performs all interactions with the highest level of customer services and professionalism.
Contributes to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues and opportunities.
This job description shall include, but is not necessarily limited to, the above duties. May temporarily perform other duties assigned to maintain operations and services.
Marginal Functions will vary with the specific assignment and depend on the particular unit or function for which the person is responsible. Consideration will be given on a case by case basis and reassignment of marginal duties will be made when appropriate.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
Requires Bachelor‚??s degree and five years experience in admissions, Masters degree preferred with three years experience.. Supervisory experience preferred. Experience working with student, faculty and administrators at high schools, junior and senior colleges. Knowledge of the university‚??s service area and state of Texas geography a plus.
Supervision of Personnel
Supervise six Recruiters.