Position Title:Associate Director
Department:MRC (Rec Center)
Reports To:Director of Campus Recreation
Purpose of Position
Responsible for the administration and coordination of all campus recreation facilities. Specifically, this includes day-to-day operations, supervision of staff, budget, scheduling and maintenance of the Morris Recreation Center and the Cain Sports Complex.
- Responsible for the day-to-day oversight of the “facility” divisions within Campus Recreation. These divisions include: Aquatics and Facilities. The oversight of building attendants is also included.
- Supervises the student payroll (regular & contract labor) and accounting services in compliance with departmental and university regulations.
- Develops budgetary recommendations for the operation of the facilities. This includes setting the rate of pay for student workers and contract labor.
- Recruits, selects, trains and motivates all student staff members.
- Assists in the day to day operations of a comprehensive campus recreation program.
- Responsible for monthly progress evaluations of the long-term and short-term goals for the divisions of Aquatics and Facilities.
- Assists in the continuous strategic planning for the department and the development of new initiatives in order to meet the needs of the various target populations.
- Provides quantitative analysis of current and future programs and operations in order to develop and maintain an adequate membership base.
- Responsible for facility and equipment maintenance through the preparation of preventative maintenance schedules and rotation plans.
- Assists with staff development plans and annual student worker appraisals.
- Responsible for the continuous development and improvement of the departmental customer service philosophy.
- Assists with the development, implementation and supervision of a comprehensive risk management plan that will ensure all participants safety during activities and programs.
- Responsible for the development, instruction and certification for Blood Borne Pathogen and First Aid/CPR education and training. All staff members (full-time and student workers) are required to attend training sessions and attain certification each semester.
- Maintains the facility software system (BNWS1) and provides monthly reports to the Director.
- Responsible for all special events (camps, lock-ins, retreats, rentals, etc.) at the Morris Recreation Center and the Cain Sports Complex.
- Assists with the development, implementation, evaluation and enforcement of all rules and regulations pertaining to facility operations.
Contributes to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues and opportunities.
This job description shall include, but is not necessarily limited to, the above duties. May temporarily perform other duties assigned to maintain operations and services.
Marginal Functions will vary with the specific assignment and depend on the particular unit or function for which the person is responsible. Consideration will be given on a case by case basis and reassignment of marginal duties will be made when appropriate.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
Requires a MasterÔ??s degree in Recreation, Kinesiology, Sports Management or related field. Requires minimum of three (3) years experience in a recreational sports setting plus a minimum of two (2) years of facility management experience. Must have a minimum of two (2) years experience with budgeting and risk management. Must posses current First Aid & CPR Instructor Certification. Must be proficient in BNWS1 software. Must have a minimum of one (1) year of experience in the implementation of a nationally or academically recognized customer service model. Must posses excellent writing and verbal skills.
Supervision of Personnel
Supervision of two (2) recreation professionals and 100+ student employee. Also, serves to indirectly supervise two (2) other recreation professionals.