Position Title:Asst Director of Residential Living and Learning Business Operations
Reports To:Director of Residential Living and Learning
Purpose of Position
Responsible for providing leadership to departmental personnel, with direct responsibility for the business functions of the department of Residential Living and Learning.
- Oversees the Residential Living and Learning budget while assisting the Director of Residential Living and Learning with the annual budget process.
- Supervises the Coordinator of Administrative Student Services as well as all front desk operations in the department of Residential Living and Learning.
- Responsible for summer camps and conference programs, as well as the training, selection, and supervision of summer staff including the Area Coordinator, Hall Directors, Graduate Hall Director, and Camp Assistants located in summer housing areas.
- Oversees the on campus living for summer students as well as the selection and co-supervision of summer staff including the Area Coordinator, Hall Director, Graduate Hall Director, and Resident Assistants associated with summer student housing with the assistance of the Associate Director for Residential Living and Learning.
- Handles all requests for changes in housing and meal plan contracts, including requests for termination.
- Responsible for academic year special needs including ADA accommodations and conference programs.
- Stays up to date with new state and federal laws pertaining to residence life, and works with department staff to educate them on these laws.
- Develop and manage recruitment program for students to live on campus for Residential Living and Learning.
- Responsible for all publications and website maintenance in Residential Living and Learning.
- Oversees the development, implementation, and execution of Living and Learning Communities.
- Assists in developing, updating and interpreting departmental policies, procedures and operations.
- Supplies future planning and forecasting of departmental initiatives.
- Serves as a representative of the Department of Residential Living and Learning on various University committees.
- Responsible for responding as a part of the Residential Living and Learning team to crises in housing facilities.
Contributes to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues and opportunities.
This job description shall include, but is not necessarily limited to, the above duties. May temporarily perform other duties assigned to maintain operations and services.
Marginal Functions will vary with the specific assignment and depend on the particular unit or function for which the person is responsible. Consideration will be given on a case by case basis and reassignment of marginal duties will be made when appropriate.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
Requires MasterÔ??s degree in student personnel services, higher education, counseling or related field. Requires 3-5 years housing experience. Experience in management of budget and supervision of staff preferred. Excellent computer, communication, and presentation skills needed.
Supervision of Personnel
Supervises the Coordinator of Administrative Student Services in the department of Residential Living and Learning. During summer operations supervision includes Area Coordinators, Hall Directors, Graduate Hall Directors, Resident Assistants and Conference Assistants.