Position Title:Asst. Director Residential Living and Learningā??Facilities Operations
Reports To:Director of Residential Living and Learning
Purpose of Position
Responsible for providing leadership to departmental personnel, with direct responsibility for the facilities and maintenance functions.
- Serves as liaison with Facilities, Custodial, Maintenance, Risk Management, and Technology Services for the department.
- Develops, manages, and evaluates a deferred maintenance schedule for all Residential Living and Learning facilities.
- Recruits and supervises the student maintenance team for the department.
- Schedules and performs walk through inspections of Residential Living and Learning facilities with Hall Directors.
- Manages the School Dude work order system and training of staff on its use.
- Assesses damage charges to individual students.
- Prepares reports on vandalism per hall/floor and determines when charges are to be billed to students.
- Assists with development of renovation schedule.
- Responsible for inventory control.
- Assists in developing, updating and interpreting departmental policies and procedures.
- Serves as a representative of the Department of Residence Life on various University committees.
- Responsible for responding to crises that may occur in housing facilities.
Contributes to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues and opportunities.
This job description shall include, but is not necessarily limited to, the above duties. May temporarily perform other duties assigned to maintain operations and services.
Marginal Functions will vary with the specific assignment and depend on the particular unit or function for which the person is responsible. Consideration will be given on a case by case basis and reassignment of marginal duties will be made when appropriate.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
Requires Masterā??s degree in student personnel services, higher education, counseling or related field. Requires 3-5 years housing experience. Experience in management of budget and maintenance preferred. Excellent computer, communication, and presentation skills needed. Demonstrated experience in supervision of full-time staff essential.
Supervision of Personnel
Supervises student maintenance team.