Position Title:Auxiliary Services Coordinator and Records Management Officer
Reports To:Assistant Vice President for Business Services and Director Employment Services
Purpose of Position
Provides direction and support for the University‚??s auxiliary operations, including campus one-card operations, student identification system, University bookstore, University food services, vending services, and other external vendor contracts, including but not limited to rental car, copy machines, etc. Serves as Records Management Officer for the University.
- Provides oversight and management of auxiliary operations including review and mandated compliance of all vendor contracts.
- Assists in the financial and operational planning strategies of auxiliary services and leads in special project initiatives.
- Reviews the activities of auxiliary services to insure that all services are in accordance with the specific contracts.
- Plans, develops, and implements new methods and procedures designed to improve operations, minimize operating costs, and improve utilization of departmental resources.
- Prepares auxiliary services departmental budgets and monitors expenditure of funds in budget.
- Performs reconciliation of vendor receipts and payments and reconciles commission payments and preparations of payment documents to respective vendors.
- Reviews procurement card purchases to insure compliance with university regulations and state law.
- Supervises and coordinates all activities and operations of the one card operations and the student identification program including ring sales and announcements.
- Serves as main contact and provides administrative support for all services provided by university food services including, but not limited to, meal plans, catering, maintenance, etc.
- Serves as main contact for the university bookstore and provides administrative support for all services provided
- Serves as main contact and provides administrative support for vending services
- Provides assistance and administrative support for all other auxiliary services provided by the university (i.e. copy machines, car rental, etc.)
- Periodically verifies and occasionally handles cash to perform cashier function in the absence of Auxiliary Assistant; preparing a daily reconciliation of receipts for daily deposits as needed
- Coordinates the University’s records management program
- Develops procedures for the retention, disposition and security of state records in all formats included but not limited to written, photographic, machine-readable, electronic or other recorded information formats
Contributes to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues and opportunities.
This job description shall include, but is not necessarily limited to, the above duties. May temporarily perform other duties assigned to maintain operations and services.
Marginal Functions will vary with the specific assignment and depend on the particular unit or function for which the person is responsible. Consideration will be given on a case by case basis and reassignment of marginal duties will be made when appropriate.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
Requires a total of five years related work experience with a preference of at least two of the years of experience in a university setting. Prefer Bachelor's degree in business or related field. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general contracts. Requires the ability to write reports, business correspondence, procedures manuals, to effectively present information, and respond to questions. Ability to utilize computer technology to access and manipulate date/or systems, maintain records, generate reports and communicate with others.
Supervision of Personnel
Manage employees in the Student I.D. /One Card Center. Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of this unit.