Position Title:Banner DBA and Applications Programmer/Support
Reports To:Manager of Applications Programming/Manager of Student
Purpose of Position
Performs SungardHE Banner database administrator (DBA) functions including Oracle installations, configuration, testing and tuning, installation and installation and testing of vendor supplied upgrades, patches and fixes. Configures and monitors data backup process to assure continuous data availability. Performs computer programming tasks involving moderately complex programs. Codes, prepares test data, tests and debugs modifications made to existing applications. Assists in analysis, design, coding and testing of complex systems. Makes enhancements to existing systems and provides software support for end users.
- Performs Banner DBA functions including installation, configuration, backup, restoring, testing and tuning of Oracle databases supporting the SungardHE Banner student information system
- Writes and modifies new/existing mainframe and PC based computer programs as needed.
- Develops solutions to application problems
- Assists manager in analysis, design, coding and testing of moderately complex programs.
- Provides application and PC software support to users, which includes training in using new or modified programs.
- Consults with managerial and systems personnel to clarify program intent, identify problems, and determine extent of programming and coding required.
- Prepares documentation according to specifications set forth by the manager or director.
Contributes to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues and opportunities.
This job description shall include, but is not necessarily limited to, the above duties. May temporarily perform other duties assigned to maintain operations and services.
Marginal Functions will vary with the specific assignment and depend on the particular unit or function for which the person is responsible. Consideration will be given on a case by case basis and reassignment of marginal duties will be made when appropriate.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
Requires a minimum of a BachelorÔ??s degree or equivalent of eight (8) years experience will substitute for degree. Degree in computer science field preferred. Familiarity with relational database concepts and using SQL with an Oracle database required. Experience maintaining a SungardHE Banner Student Information System preferred. Measurable knowledge of structured application development in a multi-user environment is required. Working knowledge of two or more programming languages is required. Skill in analyzing moderately complex programs and designing solutions to problems is required. Basic skills in use of a word processor, a spread sheet program is required. Ability to listen and effectively convey information about technical subjects to a non-technical audience both verbally and in writing is required. Ability to perform tasks accurately and with minimal supervision while sustaining concentration and with frequent interruptions is required.
Supervision of Personnel
As required by department.