Position Title:Billing/Receivables Coordinator
Reports To:Student Accounts Manager
Purpose of Position
Responsible for maintaining customer service quality when answering inquiries concerning student accounts and making payment arrangements. Manages student accounts, collects third party receivables and coordinates external scholarships. Provides administrative support for all matters pertaining to Student Accounts.
- Ensures prompt and courteous customer service to students, parents, outside agencies, and departments.
- Assists in the evaluation of student financial services provided and seeks continuous improvement.
- Actively pursues delinquent accounts, which requires due diligence with detailed documentation using written and oral correspondence as necessary.
- Serves as a consultant to University offices that need assistance in dealing with student financial problems.
- Collects third party receivables in excess of $500,000.
- Accurately monitors state mandated tuition/fee reduction for approximately 500 students in excess of $1.6 million.
- Receives outside scholarships, maintains roster, and notifies scholarship office of recipients for approximately 800 accounts in excess of $500,000.
- Applies and monitors athletic scholarships for approximately 150 students totaling $500,000.
- Prepares student billing statements on monthly basis.
- Assists in processing refund checks for student accounts.
Contributes to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues and opportunities.
This job description shall include, but is not necessarily limited to, the above duties. May temporarily perform other duties assigned to maintain operations and services.
Marginal Functions will vary with the specific assignment and depend on the particular unit or function for which the person is responsible. Consideration will be given on a case by case basis and reassignment of marginal duties will be made when appropriate.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
Requires High School or equivalent. Requires 5 years experience in financial services, preferably with student finances, to include account management, collections and billing. Two years experience in higher education is preferred. Must be committed to quality customer service. Requires exceptional interpersonal skills, problem solving skills and the ability to work accurately. Must be proficient in word processing and spreadsheet applications, MS Office preferred.
Supervision of Personnel
Supervises temporary workers and cashiers.