Position Title:Budget and Logistic Coordinator
Department:Curriculum and Instruction
Reports To:Department Head, Curriculum and Instruction
Purpose of Position
Responsible for coordinating the logistical and budgetary actions needed to implement the ELL Professional Development Program (OELA) Grant activities at Texas A&M University ‚?? Commerce and activities between the university campus and selected public school campuses. Work closely with Project CO-PI‚??s in implementing grant projects. Collect project data. Manage budget. Compile maintain, and present all records and other documents required.
- Work closely with CO-PI’s in organizing and scheduling grant activities.
- Inform grant participants of grant activities.
- Support the work of the grant team, implement its projects and become familiar with its goals.
- Work closely with project CO-PI’s to develop a communication system which provides for a two-way flow of information between the university and public school districts.
- Schedule visiting Scholars’ Roundtable events including procuring researchers and scholars, scheduling event sites, and informing C&I faculty.
- Schedule meetings of C&I Course Design Teams, Model TWI School Design Teams, and Model TWI School Implementation Teams.
- Schedule and organize all professional development/training sessions for public school teachers and university faculty.
- Prepare and mail surveys to all graduates of K-12 teachers preparation programs and continue follow-up for collection of surveys.
- Assist with baseline data collection and post-training assessment surveys.
- Abide by the policies established by the federal and state law concerning grant procedures.
- Administer the ELL Professional Development Program (OELA) Grant budget and ensure that programs are cost effective and funds are managed prudently.
- Process travel and honorariums for researchers and scholars for Visiting Scholars’ Roundtables.
- Order materials including books and journal articles dealing with bilingual/ESL education for faculty book study groups.
- Prepare and reproduce materials for meetings, professional development activities and C&I Course Design Teams.
- Order and distribute books and other learning materials or mediums to public school classrooms.
- Prepare and submit paperwork for stipends for C&I Course Design Teams, Model TWI School Design Teams and Model TWI School Implementation Teams.
- Prepare and submit all travel reimbursements to and from model TWI schools and/or conferences.
- Demonstrate behavior that is professional, ethical, and responsible and serve as a role model for the system campus and partnership schools.
- Model behaviors which insure the development of a team that is focused on problem solving and program success.
- Become familiar with districts and campuses involved in the grant projects.
- Actively seek training and information which will enhance skills and knowledge related to responsibilities.
Contributes to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues and opportunities.
This job description shall include, but is not necessarily limited to, the above duties. May temporarily perform other duties assigned to maintain operations and services.
Marginal Functions will vary with the specific assignment and depend on the particular unit or function for which the person is responsible. Consideration will be given on a case by case basis and reassignment of marginal duties will be made when appropriate.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
Required: Master‚??s Degree with 18 hours of graduate level credit in an education-related field, valid teaching certificate in the State of Texas, successful K-12 teaching experience, knowledge of curriculum alignment process and the selection of appropriate instructional materials, knowledge of K-12 student performance data available in Texas, ability to effectively manage budget and personnel, exemplify trustworthiness and integrity, ability to work with a calm and patient demeanor with project staff, partnership schools, and campus personnel, and ability to communicate effectively (oral and written).
Supervision of Personnel