Position Title:Budget Coordinator - COEHS
Department:COEHS (Education and Human Services)
Reports To:Associate Dean
Purpose of Position
Responsible for performing work requiring the application, concepts, practices and terminology of accounting. This position is responsible for processing various financial documents and data; analyzing dta and preparing financial reports. Responsible for daily accounting entries to the financial accounting management information system (FAMIS/Canopy). Responsible for managing all College of Education and Human Services account.
- Provides accounting information to college dean, assistant and associate deans and nine department heads/managers, faculty and staff. Provides interpretation of financial transactions in FAMIS/Canopy to other departments on campus pertaining to their specific accounts.
- Coordinates with campus accounting staff and managers in establishing, maintaining and verifying budgetary, accounting and fiscal related information in FAMIS/Canopy.
- Checks all adjunct hiring forms and personnel action forms of the departments in the college and journalizes transactions, reconciles and prepares a periodic summary schedule for the dean of the college and department heads as required.
- Researches and prepares monthly, quarterly and year end adjusting entries for all college accounts as well as enrollment reports and faculty workload reports.
- Assists with reconciliation of FAMIS/Canopy payroll accounts including adjuncts, GARS, GATs and GANTs. Researches and records correcting transactions.
- Assists with the development and reconciliation of cast sharing and other items for external grants and contracts in collaboration with the offices of Graduate Studies and Research and University Advancement.
- Assists with preparation and posting of year-end closing entries for annual financial reports.
- Reconciles all FAMIS transaction for HEF, Dean’s Initiative, Dean’s Reserve and other college accounts.
Contributes to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues and opportunities.
This job description shall include, but is not necessarily limited to, the above duties. May temporarily perform other duties assigned to maintain operations and services.
Marginal Functions will vary with the specific assignment and depend on the particular unit or function for which the person is responsible. Consideration will be given on a case by case basis and reassignment of marginal duties will be made when appropriate.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
Requires high school diploma or equivalent with five (5) years experience in accounting and/or financial management. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Experience in higher education preferred. Knowledge of FAMIS/Canopy and MS Office preferred.
Supervision of Personnel