Position Title:Budget Coordinator
Department:Business and Administration, VP for
Reports To:Associate Vice President Business and Administration
Purpose of Position
Responsible for effective and efficient coordination of the University budget process. Provides support for institutional financial reporting.
- Coordinates and directs day-to-day budget operations. Provides administrative and management support for the institution’s budgeting system.
- Responsible for reconciliation of base budgets at executive levels.
- Prepares, reviews and processes budget transfer requests; prepares journal vouchers as necessary.
- Develops and implements process to track changes to departmental position and operating budgets (baseline worksheets) during annual budget development.
- Directs update of FAMIS Budget Module.
- Directs update of BPP entry during budget development.
- Coordinates merit process.
- Monitors and analyzes departmental budget accounts.
- Works with account managers and their staff to address routine budget issues.
- Develops and provides interim budget reporting to account managers.
- Develops and maintains management reports/analytical tools for administration.
- Develops and leads in budget management training of account managers and staff.
- Implements process to effectively disseminate budget-related processes to campus community.
- Responds to inquiries concerning budget from campus personnel.
- Assists in developing and implementing budget guidelines and financial policies and procedures.
- Assists in gathering and analyzing financial and student statistical information to project, evaluate and monitor the administrative functions of the university.
- Coordinate DBR Transfer system, and assists with questions or technical issues.
- Provides updates for web pages.
- Assists in preparation of various reports.
- Assists in preparation of Legislative Appropriations Request.
- Assists in preparation of institutional annual financial report.
- Prepares reports for various state agencies and adhoc reports for internal use related to budget and appropriations-related issues.
- Serves as a member of institutional accounting team.
- Provides on-going review and recommendations for continued improvement of all processes related to budget management.
- Serves as a member of the Budget Review and Development Council and provides support as needed.
Contributes to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues and opportunities.
This job description shall include, but is not necessarily limited to, the above duties. May temporarily perform other duties assigned to maintain operations and services.
Marginal Functions will vary with the specific assignment and depend on the particular unit or function for which the person is responsible. Consideration will be given on a case by case basis and reassignment of marginal duties will be made when appropriate.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
Requires BachelorÔ??s degree in Accounting or related field with equivalent accounting experience plus 5 years experience in accounting, preferably in higher education and/or organizational budget management. Requires advanced knowledge of electronic spreadsheet, preferably EXCEL. Requires working knowledge of word-processing. Working knowledge of database system such as ACCESS is preferred.
Supervision of Personnel
Occasional supervision of student workers.