Position Title:Building Attendant II
Reports To:Custodial Supervisor
Purpose of Position
Responsible for the appearance of both the inside and the immediate area outside of assigned buildings (up to 10-15 feet from the building) on campus. Responsible for advanced cleaning of difficult and problem areas such as carpeting, furniture, draperies, etc.
- Performs any, or all, of the duties listed in the Building Attendant I position description.
- Assists supervisors with the training of Building Attendant I staff in daily duties such as the safe and proper way of using all equipment and cleaning chemicals.
- Cleans hard surface flooring with industrial floor cleaning machinery such as high speed buffers.
- Cleans carpets with industrial carpet shampoo machinery when more than general spot cleaning is required.
- Leads strip and refinish floor teams using automatic scrubbers.
Contributes to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues and opportunities.
This job description shall include, but is not necessarily limited to, the above duties. May temporarily perform other duties assigned to maintain operations and services.
Marginal Functions will vary with the specific assignment and depend on the particular unit or function for which the person is responsible. Consideration will be given on a case by case basis and reassignment of marginal duties will be made when appropriate.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
Requires high school diploma or equivalent and two to four (2-4) years job related experience. Requires knowledge of cleaning equipment and cleaning materials including the safe use of supplies and equipment. May be requested to work some weekends for special university programs or emergency situations.
Supervision of Personnel
May provide leadership to Building Attendant I.